Help with setup



  • Hi guys,

    I need your help in figuring this out.
    I have 1 arduino uno, 2x arduino nano (chinese copies) which I'm trying to get to work as a gateway and 1 PIR and temperature sensor.
    At first I had trouble getting the UNO detected by Vera's serial, but I've fixed this so this isn't a problem.
    I've flashed both gateway and 1 PIR nano sensor from Firefox using the built-in flasher. I've tested each device directly to the computer and they seem to be working properly.

    I've loaded up the plugin, latest version 1.4 from git, but the icon on the Vera unit does not show Lib Version, only the plugin version. Also Start and Stop do not stay highlighted, which I think it's strange ?
    The issue I have is that no matter how close or what I try the nano with the PIR sensor is not detected by the plugin.

    Below some raw logs from when I press on Include :
    08 09/27/14 19:42:25.991 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest device: 19 service: urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduino1 action: StartInclusion <0x2d93b680>
    08 09/27/14 19:42:25.992 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument DeviceNum=19 <0x2d93b680>
    08 09/27/14 19:42:25.992 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument serviceId=urn:upnp-arduino-cc:serviceId:arduino1 <0x2d93b680>
    08 09/27/14 19:42:25.992 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument action=StartInclusion <0x2d93b680>
    08 09/27/14 19:42:25.993 JobHandler_LuaUPnP::HandleActionRequest argument rand=0.8403925963750314 <0x2d93b680>
    50 09/27/14 19:42:26.007 luup_log:19: Arduino: Sending: 0;0;3;0;5;1 <0x2b208000>
    25 09/27/14 19:42:26.007 luup_io_write 19 size: 11 <0x2b208000>
    51 09/27/14 19:42:26.008 0x30 0x3b 0x30 0x3b 0x33 0x3b 0x30 0x3b 0x35 0x3b 0x31 0xd 0xa (0;0;3;0;5;1\r\n) <0x2b208000>

    And this is what I get from the PIR(motion) sensor - which I think it's working fine :
    req node id
    send: 255-255-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,l=0,st=ok:
    1
    req node id
    send: 255-255-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,l=0,st=ok:
    0
    I can provide logs from the gateway but it should be working fine as well. I've also tried adding a capacitor to the wireless chip, a 22uF cap between 3v3 and GND.
    Can anyone help me ? I've been looking through mcv forum and this one but wasn't able to figure it out.

    Thank you.


  • Admin

    Communication seems to be ok from what I can see.

    Problem seems to be between vera/gateway.

    What happens if you download the latest 1.4 from github and upload using Arduino IDE? Any difference? You can start with updating gateway and see if inclusion mode works when pressing button on Vera.
    Any strange wiring on gateway that might trigger inclusion by button?



  • Hi Hek,

    Thank you for the suggestion... I was thinking of using IDE tomorrow. Can you tell me if the plugin should be displayed like this on Vera ?
    plugin.jpg

    This doesn't seem right to me... When I press Start it should be highlighted right ?
    I appreciate the huge work you've done and will do my best to help the community as much as I can.


  • Admin

    @CaptainZap said:

    Can you tell me if the plugin should be displayed like this on Vera ?

    The library version should show up after the arduino gateway has started correctly.

    This doesn't seem right to me... When I press Start it should be highlighted right ?

    Yes.



  • I've tried flashing the gateway with IDE and I get a compilation error on line:
    MyGateway gw(DEFAULT_CE_PIN, DEFAULT_CS_PIN, INCLUSION_MODE_TIME, INCLUSION_MODE_PIN, 6, 5, 4);
    saying that 'MyGateway' does not name a type. Any ideeas ?

    Thanks.

    LE: Figured it out... my bad, compiling now.
    LLE: Still doesn't work 😐
    LLLE: Tried using these chinese nano ripoffs but they are not detected at all by Vera. These CH340G chips suck so bad... My only way of getting this to work is with my Uno. Will appreciate any help anyone can provide.



  • @CaptainZap

    I also had problems to get my Vera to recognize these Chinese clones. I ended up buying a genuine Gravitec Arduino Nano to use as a gateway and everything works fine now. The clones work just fine for the sensors though, just not for the Gateway.



  • Will any FTDI based arduino nano work ?
    I saw an iduino on aliexpress and I'm not sure if it will work...
    I also got a reply from the seller that this also has FTDI chip onboard. Wondering if they'll be compatible or not.



  • Hi Guys,

    It's been a while since I posted here, but I just got my new chinese iduino based on an FTDI chip and was able to get it to work as a gateway, then used one of the other arduino nano hooked up to a motion sensor and was detected by the gateway and I have to say this is AWSOME !!! You guys have done a phenomenal job !!!!
    Now I have some other questions... the motion sensor seem to remain tripped only for a few seconds, can you tell me where can I adjust this to say.... 20 seconds ? I've seen in the sketch this : unsigned long SLEEP_TIME = 120000; // Sleep time between reports (in milliseconds)
    But it doesn't seem that way, should I adjust it from the sensor itself as explained below ?
    hcsr501.png

    One more question, can anyone explain why would it set itself as arduino Node 80 (not that I care too much 🙂 ), being the first and single device ?
    Next thing I wanna build is a multisensor, motion + temperature (dallas temperature sensor) sensor. Anyone got a good sketch I might use ?
    I would also want to use a temperature sensor + 1 relay for some automation I have in mind.

    Thank you very much, for any opinions you might have.

    LE: I wanted to do some range tests, and disconnected the motion sensor (powered by usb from computer or phone charger) but it seems that once I've disconnected it and moved it around I was never able to get to work again. Not even placing it back in the same location it used to work it still failed to report to Vera - nothing on the logs from the sensor - looks like it vanished. Did I do something wrong ?
    LLE: I reset the gateway and it started to work. Anyone know why it would freeze and stop receiving incoming messages ?

    I know I've asked a lot of questions but hopefully someone can help me 😄


  • Admin

    @CaptainZap said:

    the motion sensor seem to remain tripped only for a few seconds, can you tell me where can I adjust this to say.... 20 seconds

    Did you adjust the "trigger time" trim pot?



  • No I haven't that's why I asked 🙂



  • @CaptainZap said:

    I've tried flashing the gateway with IDE and I get a compilation error on line:
    MyGateway gw(DEFAULT_CE_PIN, DEFAULT_CS_PIN, INCLUSION_MODE_TIME, INCLUSION_MODE_PIN, 6, 5, 4);
    saying that 'MyGateway' does not name a type. Any ideeas ?

    Thanks.

    LE: Figured it out... my bad, compiling now.
    LLE: Still doesn't work 😐
    LLLE: Tried using these chinese nano ripoffs but they are not detected at all by Vera. These CH340G chips suck so bad... My only way of getting this to work is with my Uno. Will appreciate any help anyone can provide.

    I have the same problem, can you share what you did to resolve the issue?



  • @Dean said:

    @CaptainZap said:

    I've tried flashing the gateway with IDE and I get a compilation error on line:
    MyGateway gw(DEFAULT_CE_PIN, DEFAULT_CS_PIN, INCLUSION_MODE_TIME, INCLUSION_MODE_PIN, 6, 5, 4);
    saying that 'MyGateway' does not name a type. Any ideeas ?

    Thanks.

    LE: Figured it out... my bad, compiling now.
    LLE: Still doesn't work 😐
    LLLE: Tried using these chinese nano ripoffs but they are not detected at all by Vera. These CH340G chips suck so bad... My only way of getting this to work is with my Uno. Will appreciate any help anyone can provide.

    I have the same problem, can you share what you did to resolve the issue?

    Bought an FTDI arduino nano...


Log in to reply
 

Suggested Topics

107
Online

10.6k
Users

10.8k
Topics

111.0k
Posts