My projects with mysensors on my house

• Hi.

I decided to share with you my little projects. I'm planing to equip my house with nodes, I love the concept of mysensors :). I've a 3d printer and make my pcb with 80's methods😆 😆 😢 😆 but it's working and it's enough for me at the moment 😊

First, I decided to build a node for control my pool in winter. When the temperature drops below 0, the filtration start. It save my pool this winter ^^
    It's made with an arduino nano / nrf24l01+ / dht22 / 4 relay board and powered by a hlk-pm01 . I've made a custom pcb board (available here : Circuit IO - pool
    I've print a box with my 3d printer.
    Some pictures of the project :
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

My second project for the house was a motion sensor but there's not much to say on it because it's a very simple project (running with an arduino uno 😊 I know it's a really big arduino but I only had it at hand at that time 😆 )
    Some pictures :
    alt text
    alt text

At the moment, I'm working on a temp/humidity little node powered by a cr2032 battery and running on a standalone atmega328p (with lilypad 8mhz bootloader). The project is not finish right now, need to draw and print the box and finish to implement the battery reporting to the controller but the schematic and pcb are available here Circuit IO - Temp/humidty mysensors cr2032

Some pictures of the pcb :
    alt text
    alt text
    I would post the pictures of the case when the node is finished

I know this projects may look basic for you but it does not matter I still wanted to share them with you 😂

Linkos

@linkos Great projects, love the printed cases.

• Hardware Contributor

Looks great! Is the motion sensor battery powered? And what kind of gateway are you using? I am asking because I am currently trying to resolve some problems with my motion sensors.

• Thanks.
    I'm using a serial gateway (arduino nano)

About the Motion node it's not running on battery

• Nice! Can you share a bit on how to print PCBs with a 3D printer? Is it complex?

• I only print plastic cases with my 3D printer (a diy prusa i3)

For the pcb I use a common method (toner transfer) : print the typon with a laser printer on a glossy papier, Heat the paper on the pcb with a flat iron to transfer the toner on it, put the pcb on a ferric chloride solution 😉
    There's many videos on youtube about toner transfer

• Looks great
    Can you share more of your 3D printer? prusa i3 - I'm getting interested to purchase a 3D printer 🙂

• It's a common 3D printer driven by an arduino mega and a shield card plugged on it (ramps 1.4). You can make this printer for about 100/150$
    There is many models available because its open source/hardware but you should look on the reprap site for infos

• Thank you for your quick info and reply 🙂

• @linkos How fine is your extruder, how thin of a trace will it lay?

• I have a 0.4mm nozzle. I can print with a 100 microns resolution with this one 😉

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics