Gateway migration

• Hello,

I have started with Domoticz and usb serial gateway. But now i want to go to raspberry wired gateway to use MYSController and OTA update.

Do you know how i can switch gateway without loosing my domoticz configuration ?
    My goal is to have the same node from old gateway to the new in domoticz, may be with sql ?

Thanks.

• Mod

@mmaura66 Domoticz has a backup feature (Settings->Backup/restore). Use that on the old Domoticz installation and restore on the new Domoticz installation.

• Domoticz are not moving, only the connected gateway from "MySensors Gateway USB" to "MySensors Gateway with LAN interface".

I want to migrate nodes in same way. The problem is i don't want to remake all script, configuration with the new node references.

What is the migration logic to do that ?

Thank you.

• Mod

@mmaura66 I have no idea unfortunately, that's way too advanced for me 🙂

• Mod

I think the problem would be the Index of each sensor that would be different. If you could find a way to edit the DB maybe it could be an option

• I switched from the serial gateway to the lan gateway. I solved this in domoticz by updating the serial one with the LAN. Worked immediately without re-adding whatsoever. Maybe lucky?

• Mod

Well actually it makes sense since it allows to change one hw with any type available. Nice find but I never had the chance to make that change

• @betonishard said in Gateway migration:

I switched from the serial gateway to the lan gateway. I solved this in domoticz by updating the serial one with the LAN. Worked immediately without re-adding whatsoever. Maybe lucky?

i will try and return feedback, thank you

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.