I started to build an advanced sensor node after playing around the samples. Messed up sometimes, which took me few hours to figure out. So here are some basic things to check (probably for noobs like me):
- This is NOT a 5V device, connect to 3.3V
- Call "gw.process()" often! Without it a few messages might be still sent, but ack will surely fail.
- Do NOT sleep. use gw.wait() (same when you do long operations on another device, like waiting for Serial events)
- double-triple check if you use the same MyConfig.h for your sensors (forgot to flash with the new one)
- take care when using interrupts. No Serial in ISR!
+1: when you 'present' some sensors with ack, gw.wait() a bit between them for a better success rate.
Hope you won't have these kind of issues.
// If you this this post should not be here, please rage