There are several solutions for this kind of water reading but all are lacking something for my needs.
I've been seeking for a solution which would combine best parts of different projects:
- accuracy of 0,125 litres by reading only 1 liter dial with 8 trigger points. Easy and this data would be sufficient combined with time stamps.
- ESP32-CAM as camera and server running the OCR would be a lot cheaper than raspberry system. Usually someone building these have the server and really I wouldn't have any other needs for the Raspberry.
- Also this could be integrated ESPHome etc.? So it would be out of the box type design for ie. Home Assistant...
- Possibility to define any IP web camera as source
But I'm not any good at programming or coding... I'm not even sure if I describe my wishes correctly, please pardon me.
Would I find someone interested enough to combine these three solutions?
TL;DR water meter solution development request:
- 1 liter dial OCR with 8 trigger points
- ESP to server and server OCR software (prefer Ubuntu systems)
- MQTT publish and/or Home assistant compatibility via ESPhome or similar systems?
Willing to throw in a coffee/beer or two for this matter...