Mysensors stopped working on Vera

• Hi All,

My myensors sensors stopped worling sunday morning 9.08. After working stable for 2 years. All sensors except one is not updating. (This sensor sends its information via a repeater node. The repeater node does also have a DHT, but its values are not updated)

I have a relay connected via mysensors, I can toggle it on/off (the mode changes on the node) but the state does not change in the vera ui.

In panic yesterday I did backup the vera and factory restore, and then restored the backup. Mysensors came online again, but stopped working during the night again.

When I check the vera log I do not see any incoming fraffic from mysensors.

Where do I start my trouble shooting?

Running vera ui5 1.5.622
    Mysensors 1.5 serial gateway

• Admin

I would probably start looking at the gateway.. Do you have an extra Nano to replace it?

• @johnr What version of MySensors is running on your repeater? I had a problem a few months ago where my nodes lost communications with the GW and redirected automatically through the repeater but the repeater did not forward data to the GW. In Vera, in looked as if all my nodes died. I upgraded the repeater to 1.5 and everything worked again and has ever since. Just a thought.

• Tested a new nano,and radio same problem.

I think the problem is in the vera...

• @johnr My Mysensors also stopped working yesterday - after running flawlessly for 6 months. I have a Vera Edge and an Ethernetgateway..

I was unsure what you mean though, is just 1 sensor not working or none working? For nothing works since "MySensors plugin : Cannot send command - communications error"

• Admin

Did you recently update Vera firmware or something?

• I'm having the same issue too and I don't know what is going on. I tried a few things like rebooting Vera, Gateway & Nodes, it temporarily fixes it, but some nodes go offline a few days later. This has been going on a for months.

Vera Model: Vera Edge Ui7
    Vera version: 1.7.1598

Gateway: Ver 1.4
    Nodes: Ver 1.5

• Hmm now it happends again, after working for 1,5 week..

What happends is that the gateway some how dont have connection with the Vera.

Reboot will fix this but it only seems to be temporary.

@jeylites Dif you also recently update your Vera? Feels like this starten to happend after doing so..

• @msebbe Mine's been abruptly going offline 3 versions ago. Are all your sensors and gateway running Ver 1.5?

You mind giving me a little more info on your setup eg:
    Version,
    Hardware,
    Radio Distance,
    Kind of PSU.

This is my setup. I have about 20 relay sensors placed in an area with activated repeater mode. I don't know if it's advisable to set up repeater mode in this manner when these sensors are between 10 and 50 ft apart. From gateway to sensors they range between 30 and 100 ft.

Out of 20 relay sensors, 5 of them take turns to abruptly go offline.

• Im not home right now but gateway is v 1.5 and almost all sensors is also 1.5 recept 1 or 2 at 1.4..

Distance vary alot between 1 to 50 meters from the gateway.

I've traced the problem to the gateway though, it loses connection to my Vera for some unknown reson

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics