MySensors Hardwired

• I am wondering if anyone has every done anything with making a hardwired sensor. No RF. I know I know. The RF is just to make it easier and wireless. But the framework of mysensors I think could be used for nodes where it's better to be hardlined.

I assume something like that would need to talk to the gateway, and it would still translate. I know the nodes could go directly to the end point, but I like the idea of all the framework stuff that is built in being immediately available.

This would also open up the possibility of POE nodes.

• Admin

@Jason-Brunk

There is a RS485 transport layer available for a wired network, so yes it is possible to do it (I don't know how many uses it though..)

https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/blob/development/MyConfig.h#L82

• hmmmm. I was thinking hard lining ethernet. But this is pretty interesting as well. Definitely an option. Gonna have to do some research o this.

• Admin

@Jason-Brunk said:

hmmmm. I was thinking hard lining ethernet. But this is pretty interesting as well. Definitely an option. Gonna have to do some research o this.

That's just a bunch of ethernet Gateways then? 🙂

I think that RS485 would be more suitable for sensor networks though..

• ah, good point on the gateways. Ill have to test it out with the mqtt-client-gateway

For RS485. Do you happen to have any examples as how it's setup from a hardware perspective if you have say 3 nodes? Do you connect node -> gateway x3 or do you go node -> node -> node-> gateway?

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics