Two questions from a newbie

• Hello all,

I'm very glad having found this fantastic project. At the moment, I am inpatiently waiting for the chinese parts to arrive so I can start, but I am already thinking a lot about the possible projects.

For now, I have two questions, and maybe you can help me.

1. LTE mobile
      I've read that many older wireless gadgets which are working on 868 MHz today have problems because LTE mobile uses very similar frequencies. Do you have any experiences whether the recommended chips from Mysensors' buying guide are affected as well?

2. My neighbour
      What if my neighbour also discovers this site and starts to build a network? Is there any possibility for the gateway to distinguish between "his" and "my" sensors?

Thank you for your comments!

Great project, keep going on!!

Marcus.

• Admin

@Marcus-Schmidke said:

1. LTE mobile
      I've read that many older wireless gadgets which are working on 868 MHz today have problems because LTE mobile uses very similar frequencies. Do you have any experiences whether the recommended chips from Mysensors' buying guide are affected as well?

MySensors are using a 2.4Ghz radio. So they do not use the same frequency spectrum.

1. My neighbour
      What if my neighbour also discovers this site and starts to build a network? Is there any possibility for the gateway to distinguish between "his" and "my" sensors?

You can configure MySensor to use a different channel, and different MAC addresses, you just need to use the same setup for all your nodes.

/ Thomas

What if my neighbour also discovers this site and starts to build a network?

Like @tbowmo indicated you can select another channel.

If you are worried about your neighbor controlling your lamps or listening to your messages, have a look at http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/9/security

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics