Smartmeters inverted data software corrected?

• Re: Smartmeter sensors

Hello,

Above post was rather old, so the reply option suggested I create a new topic in reference.
    As of october 3th 2017 2 smartmeters are installed, gas (Honeywell BK GYEteB) and electricity (XS 210 ESMR5).

As a domotic enthousiast of course I want to monitor the output. I prefer Mysensors with Domoticz. So I looked around and found the solution in the topic above. But almost every solution mention a hardware component to invert the signal, 1 -> 0, 0 -> 1. Why is there not a software solution ? A simple XOR would suffice I think?????

Can somebody tell me what the pitfall is...

Thanks
    Frank

• Contest Winner

@YFandS for some reason these smartmeters use a inverted implementation of the RS232 serial protocol. While Arduino's etc. use the standardized RS232 implementation.

As far is i known the UART (the "chip" doing the RSR232 decoding fro Arduino) does not supports inverted mode.

So yes a signal inverter is needed..

• Admin

What about implementing it with a software uart? Then you can flip the bits in the software instead. (if I remember right they use a baudrate of 9600, so should be doable in software.

• Thanks guys, As I now understand from BartE the decoding must be first done by the Arduino RS232 hardware. In my opinion I would 'just' receive the inverted bits (via Arduino RS232 Hardware) and invert them later. But I guess that's not the way to do it. 😞

On the other hand the sketch used in the above link uses the AltSoftSerial library, so the suggestion made by tbowmo might be an option.

Regards
    Frank

• Came across this link http://domoticx.com/p1-poort-slimme-meter-data-naar-domoticz-esp8266/ it uses the SoftwareSerial library (not the one provided with Arduino !!)
    and yes it can invert the P1 signals. Unfortunately it uses ESP8266 to send data to Domoticz.
    I will see if I can convert the sketch to mysensors.

Frank

• Mod

Esp8266 can still be used as gateway with on board sensors, just in case...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics