Questions regarding smartsleep/request heartbeat/request ack?

• I'm using the 2.4 version of the binding and everything is just lovely using smartSleep. I send a message to a sleeping and after the prescribed time, it gets it.

In the event that the node dies or the gateway goes offline or whatever, what can I do to be made aware that the messages aren't getting where they need to go?

There's two separate problems there...

So, what of those options should be on to handle a node going away?

What about if the gateway goes away?

@waspie
    I'm using rules to detect if a thing changes its status to offfline: https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/rules-dsl.html#thing-based-triggers

If my gateway changes its state to offline I receive a pushover notification.

• @timo said in Questions regarding smartsleep/request heartbeat/request ack?:

I'm using rules to detect if a thing changes its status to offfline

You wrote the 2.4.0 binding, right?

If so...I'm getting this error if I add a Mysensors MQTT GW while mysgw is not running:

12:51:49.096 [INFO ] [ome.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:13cd0a37' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE
    12:52:02.804 [ERROR] [ransport.mqtt.internal.ClientCallback] - MQTT message received. MqttMessageSubscriber#processMessage() implementation failure
    java.lang.NullPointerException: null
            at org.openhab.binding.mysensors.internal.protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection$MySensorsMqttSubscriber.processMessage(MySensorsMqttConnection.java:134) ~[?:?]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt.internal.ClientCallback.lambda$3(ClientCallback.java:90) ~[207:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt:0.10.0.oh240]
            at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1257) ~[?:?]
            at org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt.internal.ClientCallback.messageArrived(ClientCallback.java:90) [207:org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.mqtt:0.10.0.oh240]
            at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.CommsCallback.deliverMessage(CommsCallback.java:499) [206:org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3:1.2.0]
            at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.CommsCallback.handleMessage(CommsCallback.java:402) [206:org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3:1.2.0]
            at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.CommsCallback.run(CommsCallback.java:206) [206:org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3:1.2.0]
            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
            at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:?]
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

This is a quite vanilla install with only the Mysensors binding for testing.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics