Ready to go kit (for the lazy!)

• Hi,

I find the the thing that slows me down the most is the time it takes to put the mini and the radio together. I enjoyed doing the first few but that's enough of that 🙂

Is there any pre-soldered kits that has headers for both a mini and a radio? I figure paying a few dollars is worth it rather than the frustration of "check wires" so often! Allows me then to concentrate on the actual sensor/actuator part.

Thanks.

@shabba have a look at the hardware page the ceech board is ready to go and includes everything to start. You could also take a look at the Devduino board.

• Admin

Within a couple of months we would have the Mysensors Micro board for sale, first complete mounted prototype pcbs have been finished by our partner in China yesterday.

• Any idea on the price point for these?

• Admin

The price will be $14 for the PCB with populated MCU, flash memory, ATSHA204A and Si7021 humidity/temperature sensor.

Each board sold will contribute $1 to the MySensors project. So it's basically the component prices + production cost.

• Will all these ship from the US or China? $14 seems reasonable but if shipping doubles that then...

• Admin

@shabba

It will be shipping from China. We are going with Itead Studio as production partner, so you could check them out for shipping details.

• I just tried a sample purchase on a sample shield - $4.52 to Ireland for one - $16 for 5 (for the registered mail option). I assume this will be similar price.
    I had got used to free registered mail from Ali! Also I assume it would take ~1 month delivery too which I guess means we are looking at at least 3 months away.

• Admin

If someone is interested in reselling the boards in US/Europe just send me an email.
    Might be possible to distribute them cheaper.

I still don't get how aliexpress seller can offer free registered mail shipping for $1 items. Someone is losing money somewhere 🙂

• Admin

@hek

One thing is, that salaries is much lower in China, than Europe/USA. Another thing could be that the government is funding the postal service, in order to get as cheap shipping FROM china, as possible. Doesn't explain things with itead though, but in general I would expect that it's like that.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics