ESP8266 Gateway can't Press start for inclusion

• Hi All

Been a while as my setup had been running flawlessly, then my vera had some issues and long story short I had to start again. I decided to try the Esp8266 Wifi gateway, and all seemed to go well until I can't get inclusion working.

My vera is running 1.7.388 I have got the sensor up and running and can ping it and connect to it with MYSController, I added it to Vera and it comes up w ith the logo and Connected to:192.168.1.201:5003 but when I go to do an inclusion nothing happens it doesn't register the click on start .
    vera.JPG
    Any help i can get to get this working again I would really appreciate

thanks in advance

• OK I have done some more trouble shooting and have come up with what happens

If I re-flash the Gateway back to the stable (MySensors Arduino library) then I can get Vera to start inclusion mode and find my nodes. but when it does my light sensors report the wrong data from another thread I learnt that the development MySensors Arduino library gateway build fixes this. I flash back to Developmental build and my light and motion start working on nodes that I have all ready included, only now I can not add any more with out re-flashing back then adding and then re-flashing again so I get the right info reported from my nodes.

Am I missing some thing?
    at least for the moment I have every thing working 🙂

• Admin

I just fixed a couple of issues with the inclusion mode/button feature.

https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/pull/239/files

Might be worth to give it another try.

• Thanks Hek I will give it a go tonight and let you know the out come.

Cheers

• I gave it ago but still no luck with the inclusion mode

• Admin

You have enabled
    #define MY_INCLUSION_MODE_FEATURE
    right?

Which esp pin are you using for the inclusion button (if you have one)?

I see that pin 3 seem to be used for flash.. not sure if that is such a good choice.

NODEMCU-DEVKIT-INSTRUCTION-EN.png

• I haven't got a Inclusion button (physical) setup just using the software start button from Vera. I will try using a physical button see if that helps.
    I'm using the NodeMCU board

• @Opus40

Try changing browsers. I've had that happen in other browsers but it seems to work fine with Chrome.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics