Motion Sensor Network!

• Hey All,
    First post here, please go easy on me if things have all been covered before!
    Iv been through some of the posts and, as im still new to the whole arduino scene. Iv been dabbling with a few things.
    I play Airsoft, and im currently trying to get a bit of technology involved in some scenarios ( airsoft is essentially paintball for Saddo's 😞 )

What im currently looking into building is a motion sensor network, which will consist of upto 10 Motion detectors, linked to a central arduino/rasberry pi wirelessly, which is then linked ( tethered ) to either a Tablet, or a netbook ( i imagine a netbook would be easier? ). Each sensor will be housed in a waterproof case with a PIR sensor. It will have a QR Code which can be scanned and "Set", so each sensor can have its location stored in the system, so if sensor 4 is triggered, it will ping the netbook, to say Sensor 4 "Hallway". A dream would be this information is pinged to a smart watch, but thats not happening, yet!
    Iv been looking through whats been going on here for the past couple of hours. it all seems to be set around the "Vera". Can i not replace the Vera with a netbook? What sort of hardware am i looking at? For each sensor? An arduino mini,PIR Sensor, Wireless Node?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ash

• Admin

Welcome,

You don't need vera. But you need a gateway connected to your notebokk with a small program interpreting the serial protocol coming from the gateway (it's documented on http://www.mysensors.org).

Several people here have done and posted small perl/node/mqtt scripts that talk and receive sensordata from the sensor network.

Each sensor node in your network should at least have a pro mini, radio and motion sensor. How to connect them is documented on the site as well.

• Aha, i'll look deeper! Thankyou very much!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics