OpenHAB + Arduino Uno Gateway + ENC28J60 + MQTT

• Hi, I'm still about to set up my home automation. I didn't do anything on the gateway yet (still waiting for the 2.4 GHz modules), but I think I encountered some problems now.

I have installed OpenHAB and Mosquitto on the raspberry. Now I want the Arduino Uno to act as an Ethernet MQTT Client Gateway. Unfortunately my Ethernet module is based on the ENC28J60. Will this work at all? There is no MQTT Client Gateway in the dev package of MySensors.

Ok, fine, I still can use the MQTT broker Gateway. Can I? Is this MQTT Gateway sketch designed for the W5100 or will it work with the ENC28J60, too?

If not, what is my alternative? Can I set up the serial Gateway as a MQTT Client / broker? I am totally confused, but I want to avoid ordering another bunch of parts with delivery time of more than x days, costing me another bunch of money..

• Admin

@Astrofotograf

The dev-branch uses the pubsub library which doesn't support ENC28J60. So you can still reuse the Uno though.

• Looks like I will just get a W5100 module to solve the problems..

• Please use w5100. I spent months toubleshooting the ENC issues.. it is awful.

• @ahmedadelhosni Yep, ordered one yesterday. Hope it won't take weeks again.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics