MQTT gateway compiling error

• Gday,

I am new here and just got delivery of some parts. I managed to build a simple motion sensor and load the sketch which I think works.

I have built the MQTT gateway with a UNO & Ethernet W5100 + radio. When I try to upload the sketch (with just changing the IP) I get an error compiling on both the IDE & website via codebender plugin.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
    I am intending to use it with openhab.

Cheers,
    George

I

• Admin

You have to install the sketch from your local IDE. As it uses SOFT_SPI which isn't possible to enable on codebender at the moment.

• @hek is there a recommended ide to make best use of the files? The arduino ide does not like the way the files are layer out. I plan on really getting into this I have no problem downloading a new program to make things easier. I am learning but am by no means a programmer. I relay heavily on the examples and copy /paste. Thanks for any help.

• Thanks for that, I uploaded the sketch.
    It did note, "WARNING: Category '' in library UIPEthernet is not valid. Setting to 'Uncategorized'" Is this a problem?

After uploading I am having trouble finding the MQTT broker. It does not seem to connect to the netgear router on the IP I set, 192, 168, 0, 100. The IP range is ok.

I built it inline with the instructions and there are flashing lights on the W5100. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
    George

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics