ethernet gateway stops sending data

• i have an uno+w5100 shield as ethernet gateway, which recieves data from two humidity nodes.
    the nodes keep disconnecting from time to time until i remove their power plug and reinsert it, and this solution keep them alive for some days or some hours.
    i tried to add a repeater - didnt solve..
    tried to install on node close to the gateway(0.5 meter) - didnt solve...
    that gives me the conclusiont that this is a problem in the ethernet gateway.

also, inside the hardware tab on domoticz every node is showing 4 times:

0_1463380008756_e-gw.png image url)

beside this E-GW i have a working RPi2 domoticz serial gateway with 7 working nodes.

i will be happy to hear some advices to solve this situation before i give up and install another RPi and read it through the first one.

• Have you same channel for those two GW?
    If not I think you have to change channel otherwise the Node will try to contact both E-Gw and S-GW. I am not sure about this, just an idea.

What MySensors version do you run?

What does the Domoticz Log says?

• Hardware Contributor

My first and wild guess: POWER and most likley power to the radio.
    What kind of radio do you use?

• mysensors 1.5 from the site.

i had a problem with the chnnel in the beginning, but i changed to 76 (the other network is 77).

all the radios are nrf+pa+lna connected to arduino 3.3v pin regulary

nano for the nodes, and uno for the gateway.

special pinout for the gateway as described at the site.

• Hardware Contributor

Nrf24l01 Pa/Lna

Here is some good links:

http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/1877/solved-2-x-nrf24l01-pa-lna-with-rf24_pa_max
    http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/3447/nrf24l01-pa-lna

http://blog.blackoise.de/2016/02/fixing-your-cheap-nrf24l01-palna-module/

I would read them rhough and see if there might be something.
    A good power supply is very important running the pa-lna version - there has been many threads about this not working and many has been solved with a better power supply.

• well, i took an lm2596 dc-dc step down module that was lying on my shelf, soldered it with nice dupont cables (checked with multimeter for 3.3v output) and connected it between the w5100 shield and the nrf (from VIN to VCC) and now i have to pray it will do the trick.
    i'll post couple days from now. sometimes these two nodes live two days after reset until they lose contact.

• @flopp said:

Have you same channel for those two GW?
    If not I think you have to change channel otherwise the Node will try to contact both E-Gw and S-GW. I am not sure about this, just an idea.

What MySensors version do you run?

What does the Domoticz Log says?

when the nodes are disconnected - the log shows nothing until the gateway reset (after data timeout interval passes)
    when i reset the nodes they show theire sketch version, start to send data and after hours/days they disconnect. there is nothing strange on the domoticz log.

• Hardware Contributor

@abrasha said:

well, i took an lm2596 dc-dc step down module that was lying on my shelf, soldered it with nice dupont cables (checked with multimeter for 3.3v output) and connected it between the w5100 shield and the nrf (from VIN to VCC) and now i have to pray it will do the trick.
    i'll post couple days from now. sometimes these two nodes live two days after reset until they lose contact.

Dont forget the capacitors over the radio! I would start with a 0.47uF but you can also add a 10uF in parallel.

• @sundberg84 said:
    well, a week had passed and the results seemed good,
    but one node from the two is still losing contact sometime.
    one frustration is why it doesnt reconnect by itself and needs power reset to do it? but thats for another post...
    For this node i added 10mf CAP on the radio and no dc-dc converter, and some parts of the day has a some metal obstacles through his line of sight with the GW (goods loading bay) so maybe it needs a better antenna( i ordered from ebay).
    i have itead nano io shield do you think it can solve the problem (act as external power supply + cap for the radio)?

• Hardware Contributor

@abrasha - I have no experience in that shield.
    Its worth a try. Many times its frustrating, its DIY - dont give up. I create all my nodes almost exactly the same - and sometimes a nodes just does not work. SOmetimes I can try to rewire or change power, but sometimes it must be that i use cheap hardware and I can put hours into a node which ends up in the trash. I create a new, exactly the same - and it works 100% from start.

• @sundberg84

well, another week has passed and i think im after it.
    the problematic node recieved a new case to hold the itead nano-io-shield which acts as a dc-dc converter - gives the nrf power from the 7-12v pass the arduino, and also i gave it a 10mf cap.
    its so different to open the browser day after day without seeing any red bars...

thanks a lot

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics