MySensors Newbie Questions
I normally don't post multiple questions in 1 post. But most of these are of the type "can mysensors ______" so yes and now will lead me to creating other posts
So here we go!!
- can mysensors acknowledge receipt of a command?
- is it possible to have multiple gateway devices setup for fault tolerance?
- can mysensors "sensor/buttons" speak directly to another node without going through the gateway?
Very excited to have come across mysensors!
- Depends on you topology. A sensor always sends to its parent node. If a route to the other node exists in the parent it will direct it without deliver the message further back in the hierarchy.
Gateway -> Repeater -> Node A \-> Node B
A sending to B will will only pass Repeater.
Thank you for the welcome
- sweet - any links where I can read up on this?
- bummer - but definitely not a deal breaker
- i see, that makes sense.
See "Sending data" here:
Second argument to send() enables end-to-end ack.
awesome!! thank you!