Trouble with Serial gateway and Arduino Mega

• Hi,
    I'm trying to set up a serial gateway on my Arduino MEGA board but with no success, I have connected the radio to SPI pins to 50 -53 and set the chip select to pin 53, i have also added a 22uf cap on the radio's +3.3V. I get no response on the serial monitor unless i pull any of the SPI wires out, then the monitor says "0;0;3;0;9;check wires". What have i missed? Do i have to change anything more in the code when using a MEGA board.

I didn't think the Mega could be used as a gateway? Although that probably has changed with all the advancements lately..

• Contest Winner

You can probably use the Mega as a gateway, but not as configured with the default MySensors SPI pinout.

• Admin

Yep, should be possible.

But the tests I've done (on the SceneController) shows that the 3v3 output is really bad on the Mega. I had to use 5V output with a 3v3 regulator to get radio working..

Also check that CE/CS is connected to DIGITAL out of the Mega and not ANALOG (rookie mistake I also did).

• Hi again,
    I added a 10nF cap to 3.3Vconverter pin 4 , that seemed to have stabilesed it.
    After changing to soft SPI i now get this
    From thegateway
    upload-3e94c699-2a9d-4dca-ba44-2041554226cd
    and this frome sensor ( i added some printouts of my thermometers just so that the cpu is working ok)
    upload-b7a4699d-a2a3-4ed2-b69c-8c9c014d6b7b
    But The gateway and the sensor does not seem tu understand each other.
    What is missing?

• Admin

The sensor is requesting an address from the gateway. Either set an address in yoursensor sketch, or send the appropriate response from the gw to the sensor, to assign an address. Search the forum (i'm on my mobile at the moment so can't write that much)

/Thomas

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics