Serial Gateway does not fully communicate

• Greetings,

In starting to work with the MySensors software, I have come across unexpected results using the Serial Gateway. When I power up, my serial monitor reads: 0;0;3;0;14;Gateway Startup Complete. That seems to make sense from what I have read.

This is fine (I guess). I then add (power up) a sensor (light, motion, IR, it doesn't much matter) and the serial monitor prints the following five times:

0;0;3;0;9;read: 255-255-0 s=255,c=3,t=3,pt=0,1=0:
    255;255;3;0;3;

I can have two sensors, each with different software and child IDs and I still only get the above readout from my serial monitor.

Can anyone who may have experienced this condition please let me know what I am experiencing here and how to best fix it. My radios are communicating, as resetting a sensor causes the text string I referred to but text strings contained within the sensors that are supposed to be transmitted to the serial monitor do not come through.

If there is information on the MySensors website that addresses this, I apologize for being unable to find it. Also, if someone can tell me how to search for topics in this forum, I just might find the information on y own that someone else posted.

Respectfully - Baran

• Admin

@Baran

Your sensors is requesting an id from the controller

http://www.mysensors.org/download/serial_api_14

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics