Nodes not showing up

• Hi guys!
    I recently switched from Domoticz to HA and I'm having some problems to get my Mysensors stuff working.
    I can see that HA communicates with the ethernet gateway, and that my repeater gets "pinged". It also get some information from a Temp/Hum sensor. But none of this seems to get added to the UI. I can't find them in "states" either.

What am I doing wrong? Do I need to collect all my nodes and add something in the sketches? That would be a pain 🙂

• Maybe you can check if HA have similar as Domoticz, that the gateway needs to accept new hardware, before any sensors are being created

Did you follow?
    https://www.home-assistant.io/components/mysensors/#presentation

• There is the "discovery" option in configuration but I thinks that's more for gateways and bigger devices, not individual nodes. Not sure so I'll give it a try and activate it.
    Other than adding the gw to my configuration, I haven't changed anything in my sketches, since that would be more work than I have time for at the moment.

• Ok a bit of an update. I removed my "version" part from config...yaml. I then removed the mysensors.pickle file, restarted HA and then restarted my nodes. And voila, the started showing up. So either there was something wrong with the pickle-file or the version data didn't work.

But I can see now that the gw sends it's version to HA all the time, like a heartbeat. I'm not sure if this is correct or not.

Now I just need to figure out how to change the names of the sensors in HA to get them more like all my other devices.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics