Gateway *and* sensor node on same Arduino - is it possible ?

• Hi,
    would it be possible to run a sensor node in parallel to a serial gateway on one Arduino ? A gateway does not consume a huge amount of code, so there would be room for some sensor code.

If it is possible: anything to take care of or can I use the example code for a serial gateway and just simply add code for sensors ?

Cheers
    Josh

• Admin

Working on it.

The plan is to provide a gateway class capable of different transport-layers (serial, ethernet, esp) to the controller supporting different protocols (MySenors, MQTT, and some json-variant).

The gateway should also be able to report and receive sensor data (and relay things if you have wireless sensors connected to the gateway).

You can do this today also but it is a bit more work involved (where you have to emulate the serial/MQTT protocol yourself). I.e. do a Serial.println("0;0;X;X;X;payload");

• Of course ! I should have thought of it myself. Thank you for putting me on track 😄

Cheers
    Josh

• Hello...
    got a question, did you crushed it? could you make it work a sensor-Gateway on one arduino?
    I'm asking because i want to use my ethernet - gateway with a DHT22 and 4 Relays and as said before as a ethernet gateway... (hope there are enought pins for my plan)...

if yes, maybe you could write a tiny tutorial or something like that, because i'm not a programmer and just starting with arduino-stuff... i'm a little newbeeeeeee...

so please mybe you could help me a little...
    thanks
    mike

• Hello,

Any update on this ?
    I'm also interested in build all-in-one (gw + sensors).

Rafal

• Admin

This is working in the development branch now.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics