Getting node id 0 after erasing eeprom

Due to a very complicated and faulty reasoning i decide that I need to restart my node from scratch. as the node id is in the eeprom i decided (based on some forum thread) to erase the eeprom using the eeprom eraser sketch from the arduino site. apparently now it reports that it is node 0 and this seems to be causing lots of problems. I have worked around this for now with static node id but I am going to have lots of sensors and would prefer ids to be assigned automatically. is there a way to make the gateway controller "forget" the node and re-assign id to it? I am using domoticz. even if I remove the mysensors hardware and add it
    back it still comes out with node id 0. Also, as a side note, when I statically assigned to it node id 51 domoticz crashed every time the node appeared.

• Use the "ClearEepromConfig" sketch from the MySensors examples instead.

/Jesper

• Hardware Contributor

Hi.
    Im not expert. but you can
    check if you have "fail " in serial monitor for your node. Maybe you havecomm problems..
    If there is "fail". Put a 4.7uf or bigger capacitor for nrf, reset eeprom, write your sketch. It should work I think.

• Hardware Contributor

Arduino eeprom clearing sketch writes 0x00 to every byte and the MySensors writes 0xFF (255) which I think for the right byte is interpreted as gw/auto assign.

Thanks! that did the trick!!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics