Fresh install compiling issues (NOOB)

• Hi there,

I have only just received all my new components and have recently done a fresh install of windows. I have no old libraries as some other topics have suggested. I am currently trying to use codebender to run my first Serial Gateway program. Codebender has located my Arduino Uno on the correct com port. However when I click run on arduino it returns with a compiling error.

I also get compiling issues when I download the script and try to upload via the Arduino IDE. If I have to I will use the IDE however I really like the features of codebender and would really like to take advantage of the tool. I have downloaded (1.5) and followed the guide on how to 'install' the libraries to both the arduino folder and to codebender. After a few hours I have decided that I can't solve my own issue, please help me :).

Many thanks,
    Scott

• Admin

Would be helpful if you posted the actual error message also... 🙂

• In the bottom right hand corner code bender just says "There was an error compiling". Is there more to it? I don't see a log of any sort.

• @Release12

Can you include the errors you get on compilation on the arduino ide?

Most common errors include:

• Wrong board type selected (UNO vs Mega)
    • Wrong port
    • Instalation of MySensors lib (unzip it and copy the contents of libraries into you arduino libraries folder)
    • Instalation of MySensors lib 1.5 without deleting the old 1.4.x libraries from the ardiono libraries folder
    • Restarting the arduino IDE after installing the libraries

For codebender it should already have the MySensors libraries, some folks report issues in trying to reference them vs uploading their customized version

Cheers

• Awesome, I was reinstalling the IDE while waiting for replies and I seem to have that working now! This is awesome, but it would be awesome to see if there was any reason codebender still doesn't work. Can I get a log from that somehow?

• Admin

Codebender usually shows more verbose errors (similar to the IDE).

• Hello,
    I have the same problem, (and I am a noob too) I ran the basic blinking sketh using codeblender and the Arduino Nano and this sketch works fine, but I try to run the SerialGateway.ino and codeblender returns the error "there was an error compliling" just above the "Run on arduino" button, but no more details about what the problem is. I am not an expert but can some one give a check is is everything OK? this is my first contact with my sensors project and thanks in advance for any help.

• Admin

Did you choose to clone libraries when compiling/using the sketch?

• Thanks hek, you send me in the right way, now i [solved] my issue, I will explain for anyone who have the same problem, what I do to compile the serial gateway without problem is to go to the window where the code is (the codeblender window) and click in "clone" then appear a message where you can choose to clone the sketch or to clone the sketch and libraries, then I click clone Sketch and Libraries, then I click "Run on arduino" and it works, then I go tho the homepage at codeblender and start the serial monitor choose the speed to 115200, click on connect and then I see the message "Serial gateway initialized". Now the serial gateway is working and I can see that in the serial monitor. Thanks

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics