Compilation error in IDE as well as Codebender

• Hi, I am trying to compile some of the examples. The last one I tried was the Relay example. I compiled it using the codebender and it fails compilation.
    I have also tried some other examples and compiled them in my IDE. They fail to. What could be wrong?? Regards Peter

• You should make sure you're using the appropriate API version. Codebender is on 1.4 AFAIK .

For the ide have you perhaps update some of the libraries with ide updater?

• I did not know there is one... 🙂
    Cant find anything in the IDE meny?

For the Codebender I followed the link in the example so I guess that leads to the correct version

/Peter

• Codebender app is 1.0.0.5 by the way.

/Peter

• Have you followed the instructions in the download page?

http://www.mysensors.org/download/

• I have reduced the example (in my local IDE) to:
    #include <MySensor.h>
    MySensor gw

The compilation error is that "MySensor" does not name a type. Seems as the library is not recognized?

• Admin

You probably have an old version of the MySensors library in your private collection (on codebender). Remove it and clone a sketch from the website again (with libraries).

If you have problems in the local IDE you haven't installed the library correctly so it is found by your IDE. Follow instructions on the main site.

Make sure you haven't downloaded the development branch from github (if you don't actually want to use it). The zip-download links on the main site should give you the correct versions.

• Solved! Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics