Testing with two nRF24 networks

• I currently have a working network (all using Nano) using RF24 library and my own node software etc. I am having reliability issues after running continuously for 6 or 7 days and I have narrowed it down to the RF24network library.

I have spent way too long trying to resolve the problem and I'd like to try using MySensors but need to keep the current system going as it is working fine as long as I keep an eye on the nodes and reboot as needed.

Can I run Mysensors nRF24 SerialGateway plus an nRF24 test node without affecting the current RF24network? RF24nework uses all 6-Pipes of the RF24, so not sure if this is possible. I can't shut down the RF24network as it is controlling our A/C and while it IS a dry-heat, we still need the A/C running. 🙂

• Mod

@AndErn run mysensors on a different channel than your existing network and you should be just fine!

• @Yveaux said:

@AndErn run mysensors on a different channel than your existing network and you should be just fine!

Ummmm, thanks, I think...
    But in my OP I said, "RF24network uses all 6-Pipes of the RF24" so as I understand it all available "channels" of the radios are taken.

• Mod

@AndErn Nope, pipe has nothing to do with channel number.
    A different channel number means a different frequency. Channel pipes are all on the same frequency.

• @Yveaux said:

@AndErn Nope, pipe has nothing to do with channel number.
    A different channel number means a different frequency. Channel pipes are all on the same frequency.

OK, thanks, I didn't realize that. In my RF24 setup I am defining the Channel to use in all nodes the Channel so it should be OK then.

I will seek out how to define the Channel for MySensors and stay well away from RF24.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics