No Inclusion

• This post is deleted!

@mntlvr I think your best option to find your issue is to turn on debugging on your GW and check serial debug log. Allso if you happen to have a windows PC for your debuging you could try the MYSController to check if that one is working correctly. I kind of doubt that the issue is in Vera.

• This post is deleted!

@mntlvr In MYSController you just need to go to "Settings" and check "TCP/IP" and enter "IP" and "Port" and then "OK". And then you press the "Connect" button. Then you should see some messages under "Messages" and under "MYSController Debug" tabs.

Now try restarting your node to see that it presents itself correctly.

• This post is deleted!

@mntlvr If you now try to start inclusion mode from your Vera you should see some event also in MYSController.

• This post is deleted!

I'm not sure I understand in what situation you get the above. Is it when you try to start inclusion from Vera?
    If it is then it seems like your GW is restarting and this is something that happens with some versions of the Arduino AVR Boards definition. Please check that you are using version 1.6.11 from the IDE Boards Manager (I think this is something that I have already mentioned to you in one of your other threads but lets check again).

• This post is deleted!

1.8.4 of the IDE should be just fine, I'm using 1.8.5. But you need to check the AVR Boards definition you are using. 1.6.11 is know to work but newer versions are known to cause reboots in Ethernet GW and this is what seems to be happening for you.

0_1524542298361_2a950b4e-442f-42dd-bfb5-5350b6e951cd-image.png

• This post is deleted!

@mntlvr sorry I do not have much experience with MySensors Library version 2.2. My 2 Gateways I run at home use 2.0.0 and 2.1.1. And my test GW (SensebenderGW) is running 2.2.1-alpha since there were some issue using RFM69 on the 2.2 version. Maybe you should try the development version also (2.2.1-alpha)? Unfortunately I ho not have any ESP8266 Gateways at the moment but I can see if I have one laying around so that I can test.

• This post is deleted!

@mntlvr I got it from GitHub but it seems like the development version is now 2.3.0-alpha, not sure what has changed since I downloaded it.

https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/tree/development

• This post is deleted!

I found an ESP-07 so I uploaded the ESP8266 WiFi Gateway sketch to it an tested inclusion mode in Vera (MySensors plugin version 1.5) and it seems to work just fine for me. I used esp8266 Community version 2.4.1 in Arduino IDE 1.8.5 and MySensors version 2.2.1 -alpha. I'm really out of ideas why this is not working for you.

• I am begining to believe it is my version of the ESP 8266 like I said mine is a ESP8266-12E devkit version 1 by nodemcu not just a plain jane version of ESP-8266-12 or 12E but I am have many other problems with mysensors right now , have installed IDE v1.84 and mysensor library 1.4.2 on another computer that has never has Arduino or mysensors on it.
    I constructed a 5100 gateway using that version of library and IDE and it works just fine. But I have also built a mysensors realy driver sensor with same equipment and am having nothing but nRF24l01 problems and Pro-Mini problems , it works for awhile like maybe an hour then I get check wires or continue to press reset on pro-mini many times in a row and all of the sudden the sensors comes back to life and then all of the sudden I get a version mismatch and then check wires again. I tried 15 different nRF modules and no difference. Now how can you get a version mismatch when GW and sensors are using same library and all programmed with same computer. I am about to give up on mysensors unless someone out here can help with this,because it makes no sense.

P.S.
    I can take the very same ESP8266 dev-kit and make a server or client app out of it with no problem so there has to be a very large difference between a 12-E and a dev-kit but I do not see the difference other in the dev-kit already has buttons connected and resistors and built-in serial chip.
    Any more ideasThomas?

• I too have "No Inclusions" on my Vera UI5.

I have updated my serial getway to the lastest and re-install the old one back again.

Deleted "Mysensors Plugin - version 1.5" on Vera dashboard and re-install back up.

Replace Arduino boards Pro Mini/Nano and radios with existing working ones.

Update Arduino IDE to the latest 1.8.5

And have been reading this numerous times:
    https://www.mysensors.org/controller/vera

"Restart the Vera LUUP Engine (Settings->Z-Wave Settings->Advanced->Reload Engine)"
    I don't have "Re-load Engine" on my Dashboard.

The only thing is I have not upgrade Vera to UI7.
    Is UI7 stable now?

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Read somewhere to install "Mysensors Plugin" over existing one.
    How does one do it?

I tried and it created new one and it says "not implemented" or something liked that.

• After spending days trying to sort the problem, finally bit the bullet and upgraded MySensors Library, Arduino ide and Vera 3 UI5 to UI7.
    Thank God I finally did it.

Had to set Serial Port Configuration baud to 115200 and redo MySensors inclusions.
    My Serial Gateway and MySensors Plugin are working fine now.

Touch wood. 😃

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics