Repeaters in domoticz

• Hi,

Does anyone know if repeaters work when using domoticz as the gw? I can see the messages on the repeater serial console but do not see anything get presented in domitcz (the repeater is also a relay and is presented to domoticz as such).

TIA.

Domoticz does not distinguish between messages directly from nodes or via repeaters. Sometimes I have it happening too that messages do get send but do not pass the repeater. It gets solved by erasing the Eeproms in repeater and node. But I realize it is not the best solution.

• Thanks @AWI - One of my sensors is an tricky to get to place but I'll give it a go!

• I tried clearing both and setting hardcoded IDs and still no luck. Its as if domiticz just ignores the repeated comms. I will add some debug to domoticz and see if I can spot an issue.

• Admin

From the view of Domoticz it has no information how messages were routed on its way to the controller. So you should probably start to look at the debug prints of the gateway and work your way to the node to see where communication stops.

What type of sensor are you building? Is it supported by Domiticz?

• Go this going by playing with the ordering. I wiped sensors from domoticz and turned on repeater node. Then I restarted domoticz - then opened my reed switch (outside electric gate) - this caused the gate to be registered. I then had to reset the repeater (it is a buzzer and led actuator) for that to be seen in domoitcz also. A bit convoluted but got there. Guess this could trip many up.

Thanks all.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics