SceneController with Text possible?

• Hello!

I started with mysensors a few weeks ago to complement my openHab setup, which is working quite well yet. The thing that I'm missing is some kind of status display, to show things like State of the Washing machine (a variable in Homematic CCU) or Security Status (Number Item in openHAB) etc.

The scene controller seemed like a perfect match for this task and I built it now and in the default setup its working great. The only thing I didn't find was how to reply to the time requests from the controller and this is also where my problem starts.

Can anyone point me to code snippets or information on how I could actually send Text to the sensors? I saw that there might be some limitations on transmission speed, but I wouldn't care if it takes 1 or 5 seconds to show a string.
    I'm still beginning with Arduino and C (i know other languages so it should be doable to get it to compile 🙂 ) but I'm thinking about the following use cases:

Scene Controller shows buttons like it does now but when you press it, it behaves like a switch (changes color for instance). The initial state could be requested from openHab.
    openhab posts status messages to mosqitto ( i think a broadcast is not practical, so "/sensors/ID/Text foobar" looks better to me).

The gateway has been implemented through the PerlMQTTGateway.
    I had a look at the the RTC and Display Sketch but it didn't show how you would answer time requests on the network.
    There was also a post on Time and MQTT but answer was not very helpful in that matter. As far as i can see in the PerlMQTTGateway code there is a send functionality.

Sorry for that wall of text, I hope someone can help me 🙂

• In openHab i would implement something like that:

String    Notify_Scenecontroller            (Notification)    { mqtt=">[mosquitto:/mySensors/20/1/info:state:*:default]" }

and a rule like

rule "Washing machine done"
        Item UG_Wirtschaftsraum_CCU2_Waschmaschine changed to OFF 
    then
        logInfo("Task_Waschmaschine", "Waschmaschine ist fertig")
        Notify_Scenecontroller.postUpdate("Waschmaschine ist fertig.")
    end

• Contest Winner

I don't have any experience with your controller, but it is possible:

like this or that

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics