Sonos and Vera/Mysensors problem

• I have a serious problem with my Sonos installation, but after I switch off my Vera and ”Sensor network” Sonos again works perfect – after a lot of support calls with Sonos.

I have not enabled wifi in Vera, and has selected channels without “noice” when configuring my wifi internet access the Sonos Bridge.

Has anyone of you had the same problem?

My configuration
    • Sonos Bridge + 4 Sonos speakers, SonosNet channel 1
    • Broadband router with WiFi connection, channel 6
    • Vera Edge with UI7, latest SW release
    • Ethernet GW to Mysensors, version 1.41 with std. setup
    • 6 sensors, version 1.41 with std. setup

I was wondering if Mysensor channel (76?) and my wifi channel (channel 6) could interfere and make the trouble or what SonosNet channel 1 mean, but I assume that it is the same as wifi channel 1

/Kurt

• Admin

I'm running a couple of Sonos speakers without any problem (with MySensors on 76). My router searches for the best WiFi channel by itself, maybe that helps. But i'm using the Sonos Bridge which I guess create it's own WiFi network... Not sure if the bridge optimise channel utilisation.

• Thanks heg, nice to hear that it should work.
    Sonos support was very clear, it’s Vera who make the problem – but I could not get any details from their first line support, it was the message from 2 line support. But after I have been without Vera/Sensornet support in 2 weeks and without Sonos problems – I must say that they might have right.
    I could imagine that there could be a 2.4 Ghz challenge and that’s why I had Sensornet in mind. I have “all” my electronics, including Vera and Sonos Bridge in a small closet, including a couble og RasPI, Ethernet GW + ….
    I will try to move Vera to another room, there might be some interference problem.

/Kurt

• SOLVED
    I have moved my Vera controller away from my Sonos bridge, and I have had no Sonos problems the last 2 weeks .....

/Kurt

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics