My Slim 2AA Battery Node

• i have wired everything but it wont work for me 😞 i have solder the 2 reed switch from gnd to d2 and gnd to d3. and ive done the same 2 1m resistors. I can see the node in domotics but no activity then i open and close.

• Hardware Contributor

@Eawo
    The reed switches need to sit between GND and D2 or D3 as you have connected.

The 1M pull up resistors need to connect between Vcc and D2 or D3.

This way D2 or D3 are electrically connected to Vcc when the switches are open (pulled high). When the switches close, D2 and D3 get connected to GND.

• I only come down to 12µA with one reed switch, 1MOhm pullup, 1Mhz bootloader and the binarySwitchSleepSketch. Measured with two different multimeters. This is nearly ten times higher than in the first posting. Changing all internal pullups to LOW doesn't change anything.

Is there a way to optimize the power consumption or is it "good enough" ?

@rollercontainer For sub 8uA consumption you need to go to "deep sleep" where the internal timers of the processor are disabled. Only wake up on interrupt. sleep( interrupt1, FALLING, 0);

• Hardware Contributor

@rollercontainer - I just build a slimnode and 13uA is without anything connected what i can reach as well.
    For comparison i aim below 100uA when i do this with pro mini and they last around a year with 2xAA so my guess is 13uA is good enough.

• @sundberg84: Thanks, so I will stick to my 12µA 🙂

@AWI: I am using sleep with Interrupt as in this example:

sleep(PRIMARY_BUTTON_PIN-2, CHANGE, SECONDARY_BUTTON_PIN-2, CHANGE, 0);

https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/blob/development/examples/BinarySwitchSleepSensor/BinarySwitchSleepSensor.ino#L120

@rollercontainer Your sleep looks good. Did you remove this piece of code?

// Activate internal pull-ups
    	digitalWrite(PRIMARY_BUTTON_PIN, HIGH);
    	digitalWrite(SECONDARY_BUTTON_PIN, HIGH);

Take a look at this thread for a < 1 uA consumption...

• Since a few months I am very interested in Mysensors and this PCB. I have ordered the PCB and components to build some sensors as for a home security system. For experimental purpose I build one on a breadboard and that is working fine.
    A few days ago I started to solder the components on the PCB. The firs one is working fine, but the next sensors have an issue with the transceiver. After 3 boards failing I soldered one without the transceiver. Then I tested it by holding the transceiver at the board and it was working fine. After soldering the transceiver again a not working board.

I tested one board by pressing another transceiver on top of the soldered one and I saw some communication in MYSController. The ATMega is still working on the breadboard. The PCB and Breadboard are powered by the same batterypack.

Before soldering I tested all the transceivers with my breadboard and they are working fine. I am also using an anti-static bracelet.

What am I doing wrong??
    0_1486492736615_1.jpg

• Hardware Contributor

Have you desoldered one radio to see if it's back alive again? What's your distance to Gateway? Maybe some filtering or antenna effect by your fingers and breadboard? What if you leave a working radio on the breadboard then just connect it with wires to PCB?

• @m26872
    Distance is about 50cm. They are both on my desk. If testing then I do not tough the sensor. Just when trien pressing a radio an a non function radio.
    I tried to de-solder the radio but did not succeed. Cut the pins, removed them and soldered wires to it. Connected to a new radio. Strange part is that the on very irregular basis message are received in MYSController. Also with a radio which is functioning well on the breadboard

• Hardware Contributor

@aneco - 50cm is a big problem for me! Its to close and the node - gw is having a hard time communicating for some reason. I wish I didnt set my gw up in the workplace where i build because every time im testing some node I have to go to the next room. Maybe you could try this?

• Hardware Contributor

@m26872 - I made this (but with the big motiondec, because my small ones didnt work so well due to clone/copy). Thanks for PCB, instructions and tutorials. Great work!

Node is running at 13uA without motiondetector attached and 90-95uA with the motion dec attached. Im happy with that and ill see how long the batteries last. When my small motion dec arrive I can just switch over.

0_1486553881423_1.jpg

• @sundberg84
    The node on the breadboard is on the same desk and same distance to gateway. The same for my first sensor. And both are working well. Only issue with 4 sensors a soldered afterwords.

Just remember now that I used for the first sensor other solder. But do not think that this is causing the issue or .....

• Hello i wonder how you do then you put sensors outside mine stop work after a few hours i guess its becouse its cold here and maybe humitiy? then i take them inside for while it start working again. i think i need a waterprofe case or something

• Mod

Well, batteries and components have working temperatures so it depends how cold it gets over there

• Its one in the garage it is never below 0- C this one was alive the longest the other one was dead in 2-3days and maybe as coldest it was 10- C. I'm starting to think it's something wrong with the gateway

• Mod

If you reset either node or gateway, does it go back to work or what?

• No it doesn't only sometimes

• Mod

If it was the gateway you should stop receiving data from other sensors too, right?

• @AWI said in My Slim 2AA Battery Node:

@rollercontainer Your sleep looks good. Did you remove this piece of code?

// Activate internal pull-ups
    	digitalWrite(PRIMARY_BUTTON_PIN, HIGH);
    	digitalWrite(SECONDARY_BUTTON_PIN, HIGH);

Take a look at this thread for a < 1 uA consumption...

Hmm, I noticed, that I have to disable the internal pullups. But instead of removing the lines, I set them to LOW. I will test it without the lines and come back. Thank you @AWI.

• Ok, just want to give you an update:

I have 3 sensors running in the moment, initially I planned to run a lot more, but I still have problems with freezing of the sensors. The Sensors ran 2 months now until they were not coummunicating anymore, 1 is still working. I restarted 1 of the freezed sensors and it just came back up and works fine again, I leave the other one "freezed" just to see if it would come up again...

It´s sad that they are not very reliable but I don´t get what makes them freeze after working quiet good for such a long time (they are reporting every 15 minutes 24/7 and whenever a window is opened/closed).

I don´t think it´s a temp thing, also power should be no problem, batteries are still about 80 % loaded...

• Maybe there is something like a counter (variable++) which causes a overflow after two month?

• No, not really, but if you want to you can check my code:

// Sensor Node Schlafzimmer mit HTU21D Temp/Hum Sensor, Fensterkontakte an Interrupt PINS Digital 5&6. Sleep Time 15 Minutwn, wake up wenn Fenster geöffnet/geschlossen wird.
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24 //MySensor Library auf NRF24 Funkmodul einstellen, muss vor MySensor.h Initialisierung geschehen
    // Define Node ID
    #define MY_NODE_ID 1
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_ID 0
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_IS_STATIC

//Batterysensor
    int BATTERY_SENSE_PIN = A0;  // select the input pin for the battery sense point
    int oldBatteryPcnt = 0;
    #define CHILD_ID_BATT 7

//Kontaktschalter
    //#include <Bounce2.h>
    #define CHILD1_ID 1 // Kontaktschalter 1
    #define CHILD2_ID 2 // Kontaktschalter 2
    #define BUTTON1_PIN  2  // Kontaktschalter 1
    #define BUTTON2_PIN  3  // Kontaktschalter 2
    int oldValueReed1=-1;
    int oldValueReed2=-1;

//Tempsensor
    #include <SparkFunHTU21D.h>
    #include <Wire.h>
    #define CHILD_ID_HUM 3
    #define CHILD_ID_TEMP 4
    unsigned long SLEEP_TIME = 900000; // Sleep time between reads (in milliseconds)

#include <MySensors.h>
    #include <SPI.h>

//tempsensor
    HTU21D myHumidity;
    float lastTemp;
    float lastHum;
    //boolean metric = true; 

//Messages
    //Battery
    MyMessage msgbatt(CHILD_ID_BATT,V_VOLTAGE);
    // Kontaktschalter
    MyMessage msgReed1(CHILD1_ID,V_TRIPPED); // Kontaktschalter 1
    MyMessage msgReed2(CHILD2_ID,V_TRIPPED); // Kontaktschalter 2
    //TempMessage
    MyMessage msgHum(CHILD_ID_HUM, V_HUM);
    MyMessage msgTemp(CHILD_ID_TEMP, V_TEMP);

//Presentation; present sensors to gateway!
    void presentation(){
      // Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
      sendSketchInfo("Schlafzimmer Messstation", "2.0");

// Register binary input sensor to gw (they will be created as child devices)
      // You can use S_DOOR, S_MOTION or S_LIGHT here depending on your usage. 
      // If S_LIGHT is used, remember to update variable type you send in. See "msg" above.
      present(CHILD1_ID, S_DOOR); 
      present(CHILD2_ID, S_DOOR); 

//Tempsensor
      present(CHILD_ID_HUM, S_HUM);
      present(CHILD_ID_TEMP, S_TEMP); 
      //metric = getConfig().isMetric;

//Battery
      present(CHILD_ID_BATT,V_VOLTAGE);
    }

//Setup
    void setup()  
    {  
      //Serial.begin(9600);
      Serial.println("Hello!");
      //Batterysensor
         // use the 1.1 V internal reference
    #if defined(__AVR_ATmega2560__)
       analogReference(INTERNAL1V1);
    #else
       analogReference(INTERNAL);
    #endif

//Tempsensor
      Serial.println("Setting up TempSensor...");
      myHumidity.begin();
      Serial.println("...done!");

// Setup Kontaktschalter 1
      pinMode(BUTTON1_PIN,INPUT);
        // Activate internal pull-up
      digitalWrite(BUTTON1_PIN,HIGH);
    // Setup Kontaktschalter 2
      pinMode(BUTTON2_PIN,INPUT);
      // Activate internal pull-up
      digitalWrite(BUTTON2_PIN,HIGH);
    }

//Starte den Loop
    void loop() 
    {
      //Batterysensor
      // get the battery Voltage
      delay(1000);
       int sensorValue = analogRead(BATTERY_SENSE_PIN);
       #ifdef DEBUG
       #endif

// 1M, 470K divider across battery and using internal ADC ref of 1.1V
       // Sense point is bypassed with 0.1 uF cap to reduce noise at that point
       // ((1e6+470e3)/470e3)*1.1 = Vmax = 3.44 Volts
       // 3.44/1023 = Volts per bit = 0.003363075
       float batteryV  = sensorValue * 0.003363075;
       int batteryPcnt = sensorValue / 10;

#ifdef DEBUG
       Serial.print("Battery Voltage: ");
       Serial.print(batteryV);
       Serial.println(" V");

Serial.print("Battery percent: ");
       Serial.print(batteryPcnt);
       Serial.println(" %");
       #endif

if (oldBatteryPcnt != batteryPcnt) {
         // Power up radio after sleep
         sendBatteryLevel(batteryPcnt);
         send(msgbatt.set(batteryPcnt));
         oldBatteryPcnt = batteryPcnt;
       }

//Kontakstschalter 1
       // Short delay to allow buttons to properly settle
      wait(10);
      // Get the update value
      int valueReed1 = digitalRead(BUTTON1_PIN);

if (valueReed1 != oldValueReed1) {
         // Send in the new value
         send(msgReed1.set(valueReed1==HIGH ? 1 : 0));
         Serial.println("Button 1 geschaltet");
         oldValueReed1 = valueReed1;
      }
      //Kontakstschalter 2
      // Get the update value
      int valueReed2 = digitalRead(BUTTON2_PIN);

if (valueReed2 != oldValueReed2) {
         // Send in the new value
         send(msgReed2.set(valueReed2==HIGH ? 1 : 0));
         Serial.println("Button 2 geschaltet");
         oldValueReed2 = valueReed2;
      }

//Tempsensor
    Serial.println("Starte Messung...");

float temp = myHumidity.readTemperature();

if (isnan(temp)) {
          Serial.println("Failed reading temperature from DHT");
      } else if (temp != lastTemp) {
        lastTemp = temp;
        send(msgTemp.set(temp, 1));
        Serial.print("T: ");
        Serial.println(temp);
      }

float humd = myHumidity.readHumidity();
      if (isnan(humd)) {
          Serial.println("Failed reading humidity from DHT");
      } else if (humd != lastHum) {
          lastHum = humd;
          send(msgHum.set(humd, 1));
          Serial.print("H: ");
          Serial.println(humd);
      }

Serial.println("Sleep...");
     sleep(BUTTON1_PIN - 2, CHANGE, BUTTON2_PIN - 2, CHANGE, SLEEP_TIME); //sleep a bit 

} 

• @AWI: I am down to 1,3 µA 👍

my code:

//#define MY_DEBUG
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    #define MY_NODE_ID 66
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_ID 0
    #define MY_PARENT_NODE_IS_STATIC

#include <MySensors.h>
    #include "Vcc.h"

#define SKETCH_NAME "MySlim2aaBatteryNode"

#define PRIMARY_CHILD_ID 3
    #define PRIMARY_BUTTON_PIN 3

MyMessage msg(PRIMARY_CHILD_ID, V_TRIPPED);

const float VccMin   = 1.7;           // Minimum expected Vcc level, in Volts.
    const float VccMax   = 3.3;           // Maximum expected Vcc level, in Volts.
    const float VccCorrection = 3.496 / 3.572;  // Measured Vcc by multimeter divided by reported Vcc

const int32_t report_interval = 8640000; // 1day -> h * m * s * ms NOTICE: milliseconds, not microseconds!

Vcc vcc(VccCorrection);

#ifdef MY_DEBUG
    void before(){
        Serial.begin(9600);
    }
    #endif

void setup()
    {
        pinMode(PRIMARY_BUTTON_PIN, INPUT);
    }

void presentation()
    {
        sendSketchInfo(SKETCH_NAME, __DATE__);
        present(PRIMARY_CHILD_ID, S_DOOR, "Reed Contact");
    }

void loop()
    {
        int32_t timestamp = millis();

uint8_t reedState;
        static uint8_t lastReedState = 2;
        static int32_t lastBatteryReport = -report_interval; // for inital report
        sleep(5); // Short delay to allow buttons to properly settle

reedState = digitalRead(PRIMARY_BUTTON_PIN);

if ( (timestamp-lastBatteryReport) >= report_interval ) {
          uint8_t batteryPercent = (uint8_t)vcc.Read_Perc(VccMin, VccMax);
          sendBatteryLevel(batteryPercent);
          lastBatteryReport = timestamp;
        }

if (reedState != lastReedState) {
            // Value has changed from last transmission, send the updated reedState
            send(msg.set(reedState==HIGH));
            lastReedState = reedState;
        }

sleep(PRIMARY_BUTTON_PIN-2, CHANGE, 0);
    }

• Hardware Contributor

@siod
    Gateway issue? Other sensors working or all down at same time? Do you have a sniffer or listen-only gateway, or heartbeat LED attached to each sensor?

What's the purpose of the delay(1000)? It usually safer to use wait() or sleep() and perhaps also to deal with the interrupt results first. You could also try level interrupt instead of "change". You're not using indefinite sleep so it shouldn't be a problem, but try anyway..

@Tim-Abels 👍 that is how you do it

Be aware that the timer (millis()) is not running during sleep.

• Hardware Contributor

@Tim-Abels
    1.3uA is nice!
    A question about your sketch: Is millis() working because it's an interrupt-only sleep() or have I missed something else? As I recall it millis() stops working when using sleep().
    Edit: Haha. @AWI got it before me! 😄

• @AWI one step forward, two steps back... Thanks for the hint.

I guess, I should send battery percentage every 10 interrupts or so. Even if the contact doesn't trigger for a while, I can force it by showing my neighbours my ocd on doors ^^ (knock, knock, knock - Penny!)

What do you think?

• Just noticed, that I use another login at home. So, the Tim-Abels is the rollercontainer... Sorry for that.

@rollercontainer alias @Tim-Abels 😉 Sounds good, although with 1.3uA the battery won't show much variation..

This is a similar on running on a coin cell (not calibrated). The voltage drop is caused mainly by the bad radio connection (many retries for sending > 10 mA)

0_1487319381911_upload-02a06ce9-126d-49f2-bbcb-dd01c3cea3d4

• Maybe its better to measure the voltage every 10 or 100 loops and only send one custom message/alert when its dropped below a threshold. I am using the MQTTClientGateway and Node-Red. In case of a battery-low message, node-red could send me an email with the node name. I will give it a try...

From https://www.mysensors.org/download/serial_api_20:

V_TEXT          47 	Text message to display on LCD or controller device 	S_INFO
    V_CUSTOM 	48 	Custom messages used for controller/inter node specific commands, preferably using S_CUSTOM device type. 	S_CUSTOM```

• Did you considered a tiny solar cell like enocean does?
    https://www.enocean.com/en/enocean_modules/stm-320/
    That would be perfect...

• searched a bit and found that @ceech already made a harvester with a coin cell.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BQ25570-thermal-solar-energy-harvester-/332071662285

still too big and too expensive in comparison with dozens of alkaline batteries which will run for years, but that is the way to go sometime.

• @m26872 said in My Slim 2AA Battery Node:

@siod
    Gateway issue? Other sensors working or all down at same time? Do you have a sniffer or listen-only gateway, or heartbeat LED attached to each sensor?

What's the purpose of the delay(1000)? It usually safer to use wait() or sleep() and perhaps also to deal with the interrupt results first. You could also try level interrupt instead of "change". You're not using indefinite sleep so it shouldn't be a problem, but try anyway..

@m26872
    Gateway seems to work fine as the 3rd and still working sensor is still communicating. Also the freezed sensors start communicating after I restarted the sensor, not the GW. So I don´t see a problem with the GW.
    "Do you have a sniffer or listen-only gateway" -sorry, don´t know what this is o0 !?
    I have not attached a heartbeat LED yet, but that´s sth. I could do as a next step...
    The delay (1000) was initially planned to settle the sensors a bit and gie me abetter Battery reading, but as it is not working as it was intended I will delete it in a future update...
    You could also try level interrupt instead of "change" -again, I don´t know what you are talking about here, hope you can help me out.

Thanks so far!!

• Hardware Contributor

@siod said in My Slim 2AA Battery Node:

"Do you have a sniffer or listen-only gateway" -sorry, don´t know what this is o0 !?

I meant the https://www.mysensors.org/controller/sniffer, but I think it's easier to equip sensors with Radio Traffic LEDs and/or your own heartbeat/error LEDs.

The delay (1000) was initially planned to settle the sensors a bit and gie me abetter Battery reading, but as it is not working as it was intended I will delete it in a future update...

I suggest you start with deleting or replacing this delay. It could be it.

You could also try level interrupt instead of "change" -again, I don´t know what you are talking about here, hope you can help me out.

I think you had pull-up inputs. Then it's just to replace the CHANGE with LOW in your call to sleep().

Thanks so far!!

My personal troubleshooting method in cases like these (and too many others) is just exhaustive use of the good old substitution method. Hw, Sw, entire systems or whatever you can do. 😬

• deleted - it´s working now, I must have made a mistake... 😊

edit:

one strange thing: The sensor should report every 15 minutes (900000 milisecs), but it reports only every 18 minutes. Don´t know why.

• Hello everybody,

I´m struggeling with getting the https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/2715/slim-node-as-a-mini-2aa-battery-pir-motion-sensor
    to work.
    The node registers with the GW, but doesnt submit the tripped reading.
    Not even a permanent on or something. Just nothing. So i dont know how to troubleshoot here.
    The PIR HC-SR505 is functional. I tested it with a testscript on a UNO.
    And the 2AA Slimnode is functional as well. When using the node as a binary switch it works perfectly fine,
    Just the combination 2AA Slimnode and HC-SR505 doesnt work.

Anybody has an idea ?

Thanks in advance Komaandy

• Mod

Did you check the serial output if you get debug messages?

@Komaandy please don't double post. Please continue in the other thread

• Does anybody has a idea why my nodes keep freezing ?
    I build like 5 identical nodes with a PIR and after working fine for a couple of hours at least half of them freeze.
    There is one particular node that is working for 4 days now straight, but all the others are frozen meanwhile.
    I have no idea where to start troubleshooting, as they are all the same ( capacitory, resistors,radios,Atmega328p,batteries,solder,radio,sketch)
    and are all basically within the same radius placed around the gateway. I have other "not battery Slim Nodes" and they never freeze, though running the same sketch.

Please i need some tips

Regards

Komaandy

• Hardware Contributor

@Komaandy - did you try the hardware without the PIR?

• Do you mean running the node without the PIR ?
    I thought about, I guess i will test it.
    You think the PIR freezes the node ?

• Hardware Contributor

@Komaandy - Yes and Yes 🙂
    Its a good way to debug, remove not crucial stuff to see if it works... one by one and you will figure it out.
    The PIR (depending on which one and what kind of power you are using) might be the problem but hard to say without knowing your setup.

• Hardware Contributor

@AWI said in My Slim 2AA Battery Node:

@Komaandy please don't double post. Please continue in the other thread

@Komaandy and @sundberg84 Once again; Please continue in the other thread! Especially since @Komaandy now confirmed that it is this far NOT a generic Slim Node issue. Also, I haven't got any feedback on my reply there, but I assume it didn't work?

• Hi @Komaandy ,

unfortunately I must report that I made the same expiriences you made. I am running 5 "My SLim 2AA Battery Node" Sensors from which only 2 really work. The others keep freezing after an hour, a day, are sometimes after a few days. I have still no idea why this is happening, but because of this I stopped building more of the "My SLim 2AA Battery Node" sensors, which is very sad, because it´s an ingeniuous design.

I am using MQTT and therefore I installed NRF24L01 modules. Some of them are really weak, so I thought that´s the problem: The node does not freeze, it´s just the NRF24L01 that is not sending any info anymore. So I attached a LED to my node to see if it is still alive. Whenever I opened a window the LED must lid. So when I did not got any info from the node I checked if the node is still operational by opening a window and there I noticed when the LED did not lid, that the node was completely frozen. So It was not a wireless connection problem, but the NRF24L01 of course could still be the problem.
    A lot of my investigastions was about figuring out what is happening when entering the sleep mode, because I thought (and still believe) the node is just not waking up from sleep anymore. Unluckily I still did not find a solution.
    Anywhere you said that the none battery driven nodes are working flawlessly, that´s another point I was thinking about. I have one MQTT Arduino Nano device in the basement which is directly powered over USB and I never had problems with it, also the MQTT / NRF24L01 range is awesome.
    But I have no oscillator or anything to check if it a power problem with the "My Slim 2AA Battery Node".
    Maybe you´ll find a solution for your problems which could help me, too. I´m looking forward hearing from you.

• Hardware Contributor

@siod Thanks for your report. Could you please share some more info. Hw/sw versions, nRF-batches, sensors, configs/settings, sketches etc. @Komaandy could only confirm issues with a PIR eqiupped node, but you have a door-switch so I guess it's a potential generic problem then. Let's hope for other reports as to help us narrow down the search.

I have not yet migrated to MySensors 2.x 😳 , but it's hopefully coming soon. My Slim Nodes from the start of this thread (~ 10 pcs) are still in flawless production.

• Hardware Contributor

@m26872 - I made myself a slim node with a light sensor and a uv-sensor last weekend. Its running latest dev branch and has been working flawless atleast 1 week now.

• @m26872 First of all: I already got so much help and I am very grateful for that, awesome community!

I don´t think I will ever find the problem with those sensors and because of the lack of time I have (familiy, work...) I think looking for the problem would take longer than just build a new sensor. And that´s what I will do next: I will just build another node, one step after the other and so I can validate if it maybe is a hardware problem or a code problem. BTW my whole sketch is just a few posts above this one...

So I will come back after I started over...

• @m26872

Hi there,

im still into troubleshooting, and what i did last was create a "mock up temperatursensor slim node " with this sketch
    , so its really only the node and batteries. But it still freezes 😞
    Hardware i use is :

-Atmega328p 1Mhz bootloader. // Burnt the bootloader with one Arduino UNO as master and another Arduino UNO on which I replaced the Atmega328p as slave // Arduino as ISP // with the latest Arduino IDE (1.8.2)

• after burning the bootloader on the bare ATMEGA´s i assemble them on the node and transfer the sketch via FTDI232

Furthermore i use
    -generic Capacitors and restistors ( specs from your BOM)

• Kuman nRF24L01 batches ( bought like 30 in a bulk once, but other "nonslimnodes" are working)
      -fresh batteries

Any help is very aprreciated 🙂 🙂

/*
    * MockMySensors
    * This skecth is intended to crate fake sensors which register and respond to the controller
    * Barduino 2015, GizMoCuz 2015
    */

// Enable debug prints to serial monitor
    #define MY_DEBUG

// Enable and select radio type attached
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    //#define MY_RADIO_RFM69

#define MY_NODE_ID 123

#include <MySensors.h>

#define RADIO_ERROR_LED_PIN 4  // Error led pin
    #define RADIO_RX_LED_PIN    6  // Receive led pin
    #define RADIO_TX_LED_PIN    13  // the PCB, on board LED

// Wait times
    #define LONG_WAIT 500
    #define SHORT_WAIT 50

#define SKETCH_NAME "MockMySensors "
    #define SKETCH_VERSION "v0.5"

// Define Sensors ids
    /*      S_DOOR, S_MOTION, S_SMOKE, S_LIGHT, S_DIMMER, S_COVER, S_TEMP, S_HUM, S_BARO, S_WIND,
       S_RAIN, S_UV, S_WEIGHT, S_POWER, S_HEATER, S_DISTANCE, S_LIGHT_LEVEL, S_ARDUINO_NODE,
       S_ARDUINO_REPEATER_NODE, S_LOCK, S_IR, S_WATER, S_AIR_QUALITY, S_CUSTOM, S_DUST,
       S_SCENE_CONTROLLER
    */

////#define ID_S_ARDUINO_NODE            //auto defined in initialization
    ////#define ID_S_ARDUINO_REPEATER_NODE   //auto defined in initialization

// Some of these ID's have not been updated for v1.5.  Uncommenting too many of them
    // will make the sketch too large for a pro mini's memory so it's probably best to try
    // one at a time.

//#define ID_S_ARMED             0  // dummy to controll armed stated for several sensors
    //#define ID_S_DOOR              1
    //#define ID_S_MOTION            2
    //#define ID_S_SMOKE             3
    //#define ID_S_LIGHT             4
    //#define ID_S_DIMMER            5
    //#define ID_S_COVER             6
    #define ID_S_TEMP              7
    //#define ID_S_HUM               8
    //#define ID_S_BARO              9
    //#define ID_S_WIND              10
    //#define ID_S_RAIN              11
    //#define ID_S_UV                12
    //#define ID_S_WEIGHT            13
    //#define ID_S_POWER             14
    //#define ID_S_HEATER            15
    //#define ID_S_DISTANCE          16
    //#define ID_S_LIGHT_LEVEL       17
    //#define ID_S_LOCK              18
    //#define ID_S_IR                19
    //#define ID_S_WATER             20
    //#define ID_S_AIR_QUALITY       21
    //#define ID_S_DUST              22
    //#define ID_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER  23
    //// Lib 1.5 sensors
    //#define ID_S_RGB_LIGHT         24
    //#define ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT        25
    //#define ID_S_COLOR_SENSOR      26
    //#define ID_S_HVAC              27
    //#define ID_S_MULTIMETER        28
    //#define ID_S_SPRINKLER         29
    //#define ID_S_WATER_LEAK        30
    //#define ID_S_SOUND             31
    //#define ID_S_VIBRATION         32
    //#define ID_S_MOISTURE          33
    //
    //#define ID_S_CUSTOM            99

// Global Vars
    unsigned long SLEEP_TIME = 60000; // Sleep time between reads (in milliseconds)
    bool metric = true;
    long randNumber;

//Instanciate Messages objects

#ifdef ID_S_ARMED
    bool isArmed;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DOOR // V_TRIPPED, V_ARMED
    MyMessage msg_S_DOOR_T(ID_S_DOOR,V_TRIPPED);
    MyMessage msg_S_DOOR_A(ID_S_DOOR,V_ARMED);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MOTION // V_TRIPPED, V_ARMED
    MyMessage msg_S_MOTION_A(ID_S_MOTION,V_ARMED);
    MyMessage msg_S_MOTION_T(ID_S_MOTION,V_TRIPPED);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SMOKE  // V_TRIPPED, V_ARMED
    MyMessage msg_S_SMOKE_T(ID_S_SMOKE,V_TRIPPED);
    MyMessage msg_S_SMOKE_A(ID_S_SMOKE,V_ARMED);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LIGHT
    MyMessage msg_S_LIGHT(ID_S_LIGHT,V_LIGHT);
    bool isLightOn=0;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DIMMER
    MyMessage msg_S_DIMMER(ID_S_DIMMER,V_DIMMER);
    int dimmerVal=100;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COVER
    MyMessage msg_S_COVER_U(ID_S_COVER,V_UP);
    MyMessage msg_S_COVER_D(ID_S_COVER,V_DOWN);
    MyMessage msg_S_COVER_S(ID_S_COVER,V_STOP);
    MyMessage msg_S_COVER_V(ID_S_COVER,V_VAR1);
    int coverState=0; //0=Stop; 1=up; -1=down
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_TEMP
    MyMessage msg_S_TEMP(ID_S_TEMP,V_TEMP);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HUM
    MyMessage msg_S_HUM(ID_S_HUM,V_HUM);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_BARO
    MyMessage msg_S_BARO_P(ID_S_BARO,V_PRESSURE);
    MyMessage msg_S_BARO_F(ID_S_BARO,V_FORECAST);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WIND
    MyMessage msg_S_WIND_S(ID_S_WIND,V_WIND);
    MyMessage msg_S_WIND_G(ID_S_WIND,V_GUST);
    MyMessage msg_S_WIND_D(ID_S_WIND,V_DIRECTION);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RAIN
    MyMessage msg_S_RAIN_A(ID_S_RAIN,V_RAIN);
    MyMessage msg_S_RAIN_R(ID_S_RAIN,V_RAINRATE);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_UV
    MyMessage msg_S_UV(ID_S_UV,V_UV);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WEIGHT
    MyMessage msg_S_WEIGHT(ID_S_WEIGHT,V_WEIGHT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_POWER
    MyMessage msg_S_POWER_W(ID_S_POWER,V_WATT);
    MyMessage msg_S_POWER_K(ID_S_POWER,V_KWH);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HEATER

//////// REVIEW IMPLEMENTATION ////////////

MyMessage msg_S_HEATER_SET_POINT(ID_S_HEATER,
                                    V_HVAC_SETPOINT_HEAT);  // HVAC/Heater setpoint (Integer between 0-100). S_HEATER, S_HVAC
    MyMessage msg_S_HEATER_FLOW_STATE(ID_S_HEATER,
                                     V_HVAC_FLOW_STATE);     // Mode of header. One of "Off", "HeatOn", "CoolOn", or "AutoChangeOver" // S_HVAC, S_HEATER

//MyMessage msg_S_HEATER_STATUS(ID_S_HEATER,V_STATUS);
    //MyMessage msg_S_HEATER_TEMP(ID_S_HEATER,V_TEMP);

float heater_setpoint=21.5;
    String heater_flow_state="Off";

//  float heater_temp=23.5;
    //  bool heater_status=false;

// V_TEMP                // Temperature
    // V_STATUS              // Binary status. 0=off 1=on
    // V_HVAC_FLOW_STATE     // Mode of header. One of "Off", "HeatOn", "CoolOn", or "AutoChangeOver"
    // V_HVAC_SPEED          // HVAC/Heater fan speed ("Min", "Normal", "Max", "Auto")
    // V_HVAC_SETPOINT_HEAT  // HVAC/Heater setpoint
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DISTANCE
    MyMessage msg_S_DISTANCE(ID_S_DISTANCE,V_DISTANCE);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LIGHT_LEVEL
    MyMessage msg_S_LIGHT_LEVEL(ID_S_LIGHT_LEVEL,V_LIGHT_LEVEL);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LOCK
    MyMessage msg_S_LOCK(ID_S_LOCK,V_LOCK_STATUS);
    bool isLocked = 0;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_IR
    MyMessage msg_S_IR_S(ID_S_IR,V_IR_SEND);
    MyMessage msg_S_IR_R(ID_S_IR,V_IR_RECEIVE);
    long irVal = 0;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WATER
    MyMessage msg_S_WATER_F(ID_S_WATER,V_FLOW);
    MyMessage msg_S_WATER_V(ID_S_WATER,V_VOLUME);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_AIR_QUALITY
    MyMessage msg_S_AIR_QUALITY(ID_S_AIR_QUALITY,V_LEVEL);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DUST
    MyMessage msg_S_DUST(ID_S_DUST,V_LEVEL);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER
    MyMessage msg_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER_ON(ID_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER,V_SCENE_ON);
    MyMessage msg_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER_OF(ID_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER,V_SCENE_OFF);
    // not sure if scene controller sends int or chars
    // betting on ints as Touch Display Scen by Hek // compiler warnings
    char *scenes[] = {
       (char *)"Good Morning",
       (char *)"Clean Up!",
       (char *)"All Lights Off",
       (char *)"Music On/Off"
    };

int sceneVal=0;
    int sceneValPrevious=0;

#endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGB_LIGHT
    MyMessage msg_S_RGB_LIGHT_V_RGB(ID_S_RGB_LIGHT,V_RGB);
    MyMessage msg_S_RGB_LIGHT_V_WATT(ID_S_RGB_LIGHT,V_WATT);
    String rgbState="000000";
    //RGB light V_RGB, V_WATT
    //RGB value transmitted as ASCII hex string (I.e "ff0000" for red)
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT
    MyMessage msg_S_RGBW_LIGHT_V_RGBW(ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT,V_RGBW);
    MyMessage msg_S_RGBW_LIGHT_V_WATT(ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT,V_WATT);
    String rgbwState="00000000";
    //RGBW light (with separate white component)	V_RGBW, V_WATT
    //RGBW value transmitted as ASCII hex string (I.e "ff0000ff" for red + full white)	S_RGBW_LIGHT
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COLOR_SENSOR
    MyMessage msg_S_COLOR_SENSOR_V_RGB(ID_S_COLOR_SENSOR,V_RGB);
    //Color sensor	V_RGB
    //RGB value transmitted as ASCII hex string (I.e "ff0000" for red)	S_RGB_LIGHT, S_COLOR_SENSOR
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HVAC
    MyMessage msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_SETPOINT_HEAT(ID_S_HVAC,V_HVAC_SETPOINT_HEAT);
    MyMessage msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_SETPOINT_COOL(ID_S_HVAC,V_HVAC_SETPOINT_COOL);
    MyMessage msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_FLOW_STATET(ID_S_HVAC,V_HVAC_FLOW_STATE);
    MyMessage msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_FLOW_MODE(ID_S_HVAC,V_HVAC_FLOW_MODE);
    MyMessage msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_SPEED(ID_S_HVAC,V_HVAC_SPEED);

float hvac_SetPointHeat = 16.5;
    float hvac_SetPointCool = 25.5;
    String hvac_FlowState   = "AutoChangeOver";
    String hvac_FlowMode    = "Auto";
    String hvac_Speed       = "Normal";

//Thermostat/HVAC device
    //V_HVAC_SETPOINT_HEAT,  // HVAC/Heater setpoint
    //V_HVAC_SETPOINT_COOL,  // HVAC cold setpoint
    //V_HVAC_FLOW_STATE,     // Mode of header. One of "Off", "HeatOn", "CoolOn", or "AutoChangeOver"
    //V_HVAC_FLOW_MODE,      // Flow mode for HVAC ("Auto", "ContinuousOn", "PeriodicOn")
    //V_HVAC_SPEED           // HVAC/Heater fan speed ("Min", "Normal", "Max", "Auto")

// NOT IMPLEMENTED YET
    //V_TEMP                 // Temperature
    //V_STATUS               // Binary status. 0=off 1=on
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MULTIMETER
    MyMessage msg_S_MULTIMETER_V_IMPEDANCE(ID_S_MULTIMETER,V_IMPEDANCE);
    MyMessage msg_S_MULTIMETER_V_VOLTAGE(ID_S_MULTIMETER,V_VOLTAGE);
    MyMessage msg_S_MULTIMETER_V_CURRENT(ID_S_MULTIMETER,V_CURRENT);

// Multimeter device	V_VOLTAGE, V_CURRENT, V_IMPEDANCE
    // V_IMPEDANCE	14	Impedance value
    // V_VOLTAGE	38	Voltage level
    // V_CURRENT	39	Current level
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SPRINKLER
    // S_SPRINKLER	31	Sprinkler device	V_STATUS (turn on/off), V_TRIPPED (if fire detecting device)
    // V_STATUS	2	Binary status. 0=off 1=on
    // V_ARMED	15	Armed status of a security sensor. 1=Armed, 0=Bypassed
    // V_TRIPPED	16	Tripped status of a security sensor. 1=Tripped, 0=Untripped
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WATER_LEAK
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_SOUND
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_VIBRATION
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_MOISTURE
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MOISTURE
    MyMessage msg_S_MOISTURE(ID_S_MOISTURE,V_LEVEL);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_CUSTOM
    MyMessage msg_S_CUSTOM_1(ID_S_CUSTOM,V_VAR1);
    MyMessage msg_S_CUSTOM_2(ID_S_CUSTOM,V_VAR2);
    MyMessage msg_S_CUSTOM_3(ID_S_CUSTOM,V_VAR3);
    MyMessage msg_S_CUSTOM_4(ID_S_CUSTOM,V_VAR4);
    MyMessage msg_S_CUSTOM_5(ID_S_CUSTOM,V_VAR5);
    #endif

void setup()
    {
       // Random SEED
       randomSeed(analogRead(0));

wait(LONG_WAIT);
       Serial.println("GW Started");
    }

void presentation()
    {
       // Send the Sketch Version Information to the Gateway
       Serial.print("Send Sketch Info: ");
       sendSketchInfo(SKETCH_NAME, SKETCH_VERSION);
       Serial.print(SKETCH_NAME);
       Serial.println(SKETCH_VERSION);
       wait(LONG_WAIT);

// Get controller configuration
       Serial.print("Get Config: ");
       metric = getControllerConfig().isMetric;
       Serial.println(metric ? "Metric":"Imperial");
       wait(LONG_WAIT);

// Init Armed
    #ifdef ID_S_ARMED
       isArmed = true;
    #endif

// Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
       Serial.println("Presenting Nodes");
       Serial.println("________________");

#ifdef ID_S_DOOR
       Serial.println("  S_DOOR");
       present(ID_S_DOOR,S_DOOR,"Outside Door");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MOTION
       Serial.println("  S_MOTION");
       present(ID_S_MOTION,S_MOTION,"Outside Motion");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SMOKE
       Serial.println("  S_SMOKE");
       present(ID_S_SMOKE,S_SMOKE,"Kitchen Smoke");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LIGHT
       Serial.println("  S_LIGHT");
       present(ID_S_LIGHT,S_LIGHT,"Hall Light");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DIMMER
       Serial.println("  S_DIMMER");
       present(ID_S_DIMMER,S_DIMMER,"Living room dimmer");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COVER
       Serial.println("  S_COVER");
       present(ID_S_COVER,S_COVER,"Window cover");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_TEMP
       Serial.println("  S_TEMP");
       present(ID_S_TEMP,S_TEMP,"House Temperarue");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HUM
       Serial.println("  S_HUM");
       present(ID_S_HUM,S_HUM,"Current Humidity");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_BARO
       Serial.println("  S_BARO");
       present(ID_S_BARO,S_BARO," Air pressure");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WIND
       Serial.println("  S_WIND");
       present(ID_S_WIND,S_WIND,"Wind Station");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RAIN
       Serial.println("  S_RAIN");
       present(ID_S_RAIN,S_RAIN,"Rain Station");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_UV
       Serial.println("  S_UV");
       present(ID_S_UV,S_UV,"Ultra Violet");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WEIGHT
       Serial.println("  S_WEIGHT");
       present(ID_S_WEIGHT,S_WEIGHT,"Outdoor Scale");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_POWER
       Serial.println("  S_POWER");
       present(ID_S_POWER,S_POWER,"Power Metric");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HEATER
       Serial.println("  S_HEATER");
       present(ID_S_HEATER,S_HEATER,"Garage Heater");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DISTANCE
       Serial.println("  S_DISTANCE");
       present(ID_S_DISTANCE,S_DISTANCE,"Distance Measure");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LIGHT_LEVEL
       Serial.println("  S_LIGHT_LEVEL");
       present(ID_S_LIGHT_LEVEL,S_LIGHT_LEVEL,"Outside Light Level");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LOCK
       Serial.println("  S_LOCK");
       present(ID_S_LOCK,S_LOCK,"Front Door Lock");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_IR
       Serial.println("  S_IR");
       present(ID_S_IR,S_IR,"Univeral Command");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WATER
       Serial.println("  S_WATER");
       present(ID_S_WATER,S_WATER,"Water Level");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_AIR_QUALITY
       Serial.println("  S_AIR_QUALITY");
       present(ID_S_AIR_QUALITY,S_AIR_QUALITY,"Air Station");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DUST
       Serial.println("  S_DUST");
       present(ID_S_DUST,S_DUST,"Dust Level");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

Serial.println("  S_SCENE_CONTROLLER");
       present(ID_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER,S_SCENE_CONTROLLER,"Scene Controller");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGB_LIGHT
       Serial.println("  RGB_LIGHT");
       present(ID_S_RGB_LIGHT,S_RGB_LIGHT,"Mood Light");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT
       Serial.println("  RGBW_LIGHT");
       present(ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT,S_RGBW_LIGHT,"Mood Light 2");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COLOR_SENSOR
       Serial.println("  COLOR_SENSOR");
       present(ID_S_COLOR_SENSOR,S_COLOR_SENSOR,"Hall Painting");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HVAC
       Serial.println("  HVAC");
       present(ID_S_HVAC,S_HVAC,"HVAC");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MULTIMETER
       Serial.println("  MULTIMETER");
       present(ID_S_MULTIMETER,S_MULTIMETER,"Electric Staion");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SPRINKLER
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_WATER_LEAK
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_SOUND
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_VIBRATION
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_MOISTURE
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MOISTURE
       Serial.println("  S_MOISTURE");
       present(ID_S_MOISTURE,S_MOISTURE,"Basement Sensor");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_CUSTOM
       Serial.println("  S_CUSTOM");
       present(ID_S_CUSTOM,S_CUSTOM,"Other Stuff");
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
    #endif

Serial.println("________________");

}

void loop()
    {
       Serial.println("");
       Serial.println("");
       Serial.println("");
       Serial.println("#########################");
       randNumber=random(0,101);

Serial.print("RandomNumber:");
       Serial.println(randNumber);
       // Send fake battery level
       Serial.println("Send Battery Level");
       sendBatteryLevel(randNumber);
       wait(LONG_WAIT);

// Request time
       Serial.println("Request Time");
       requestTime();
       wait(LONG_WAIT);

//Read Sensors
    #ifdef ID_S_DOOR
       door();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MOTION
       motion();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SMOKE
       smoke();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LIGHT
       light();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DIMMER
       dimmer();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COVER
       cover();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_TEMP
       temp();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HUM
       hum();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_BARO
       baro();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WIND
       wind();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RAIN
       rain();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_UV
       uv();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WEIGHT
       weight();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_POWER
       power();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HEATER
       heater();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DISTANCE
       distance();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LIGHT_LEVEL
       light_level();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LOCK
       lock();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_IR
       ir();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WATER
       water();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_AIR_QUALITY
       air();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DUST
       dust();
    #endif

scene();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGB_LIGHT
       rgbLight();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT
       rgbwLight();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COLOR_SENSOR
       color();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HVAC
       hvac();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MULTIMETER
       multimeter();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SPRINKLER
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_WATER_LEAK
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_SOUND
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_VIBRATION
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_MOISTURE
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MOISTURE
       moisture();
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_CUSTOM
       custom();
    #endif

sendBatteryLevel(randNumber);
       wait(SHORT_WAIT);
       Serial.println("#########################");
       wait(SLEEP_TIME); //sleep a bit
    }

// This is called when a new time value was received
    void receiveTime(unsigned long controllerTime)
    {

Serial.print("Time value received: ");
       Serial.println(controllerTime);

}

//void door(){}

#ifdef ID_S_DOOR
    void door()
    {

Serial.print("Door is: " );

if (randNumber <= 50) {
       	Serial.println("Open");
       	send(msg_S_DOOR_T.set((int16_t)1));
       } else {
       	Serial.println("Closed");
       	send(msg_S_DOOR_T.set((int16_t)0));
       }
    #ifdef ID_S_ARMED
       Serial.print("System is: " );
       Serial.println((isArmed ? "Armed":"Disarmed"));
       send(msg_S_DOOR_A.set(isArmed));
    #endif
    }
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MOTION
    void motion()
    {

Serial.print("Motion is: " );

if (randNumber <= 50) {
       	Serial.println("Active");
       	send(msg_S_MOTION_T.set(1));
       } else {
       	Serial.println("Quiet");
       	send(msg_S_MOTION_T.set(0));
       }

#ifdef ID_S_ARMED
       send(msg_S_MOTION_A.set(isArmed));
    #endif
    }
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SMOKE
    void smoke()
    {

Serial.print("Smoke is: " );

if (randNumber <= 50) {
       	Serial.println("Active");
       	send(msg_S_SMOKE_T.set(1));
       } else {
       	Serial.println("Quiet");
       	send(msg_S_SMOKE_T.set(0));
       }

#ifdef ID_S_ARMED
       send(msg_S_SMOKE_A.set(isArmed));
    #endif

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LIGHT
    void light()
    {

Serial.print("Light is: " );
       Serial.println((isLightOn ? "On":"Off"));

send(msg_S_LIGHT.set(isLightOn));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DIMMER
    void dimmer()
    {

Serial.print("Dimmer is set to: " );
       Serial.println(dimmerVal);

send(msg_S_DIMMER.set(dimmerVal));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COVER
    void cover()
    {

Serial.print("Cover is : " );

if (coverState == 1) {
       	Serial.println("Opening");
       	send(msg_S_COVER_U.set(1));
       } else if (coverState == -1) {
       	Serial.println("Closing");
       	send(msg_S_COVER_D.set(0));
       } else {
       	Serial.println("Idle");
       	send(msg_S_COVER_S.set(-1));
       }
       send(msg_S_COVER_V.set(coverState));
    }
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_TEMP
    void temp()
    {

Serial.print("Temperature is: " );
       Serial.println(map(randNumber,1,100,0,45));

send(msg_S_TEMP.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,45)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HUM
    void hum()
    {

Serial.print("Humitidty is: " );

send(msg_S_HUM.set(randNumber));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_BARO
    void baro()
    {

const char *weather[] = {"stable","sunny","cloudy","unstable","thunderstorm","unknown"};
       long pressure = map(randNumber,1,100,870,1086);// hPa?
       int forecast = map(randNumber,1,100,0,5);

Serial.print("Atmosferic Pressure is: " );
       Serial.println(pressure);
       send(msg_S_BARO_P.set(pressure));

Serial.print("Weather forecast: " );
       Serial.println(weather[forecast]);
       send(msg_S_BARO_F.set(weather[forecast]));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WIND
    void wind()
    {

Serial.print("Wind Speed is: " );
       send(msg_S_WIND_S.set(randNumber));

Serial.print("Wind Gust is: " );
       Serial.println(randNumber+10);
       send(msg_S_WIND_G.set(randNumber+10));

Serial.print("Wind Direction is: " );
       Serial.println(map(randNumber,1,100,0,360));
       send(msg_S_WIND_D.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,360)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RAIN
    void rain()
    {

Serial.print("Rain ammount  is: " );

send(msg_S_RAIN_A.set(randNumber));

Serial.print("Rain rate  is: " );
       Serial.println(randNumber/60);

send(msg_S_RAIN_R.set(randNumber/60,1));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_UV
    void uv()
    {

Serial.print("Ultra Violet level is: " );
       Serial.println(map(randNumber,1,100,0,15));

send(msg_S_UV.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,15)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WEIGHT
    void weight()
    {

Serial.print("Weight is: " );
       Serial.println(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150));

send(msg_S_WEIGHT.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_POWER
    void power()
    {

Serial.print("Watt is: " );
       send(msg_S_POWER_W.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

Serial.print("KWH is: " );
       send(msg_S_POWER_K.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HEATER
    void heater()
    {
       //  float heater_setpoint=21.5;
       //  float heater_temp=23.5;
       //  bool heater_status=false;
       //  String heatState="Off";

Serial.print("Heater flow state is: " );
       Serial.println(heater_flow_state);
       send(msg_S_HEATER_FLOW_STATE.set(heater_flow_state.c_str()));

//  Serial.print("Heater on/off is: " );
       //  Serial.println((heater_status==true)?"On":"Off");
       //  send(msg_S_HEATER_STATUS.set(heater_status));

//  Serial.print("Heater Temperature is: " );
       //  Serial.println(heater_temp,1);
       //  send(msg_S_HEATER_TEMP.set(heater_temp,1));

Serial.print("Heater Setpoint: " );
       Serial.println(heater_setpoint,1);
       send(msg_S_HEATER_SET_POINT.set(heater_setpoint,1));
    }
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DISTANCE
    void distance()
    {

Serial.print("Distance is: " );

send(msg_S_DISTANCE.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LIGHT_LEVEL
    void light_level()
    {

Serial.print("Light is: " );

send(msg_S_LIGHT_LEVEL.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_LOCK
    void lock()
    {

Serial.print("Lock is: " );
       Serial.println((isLocked ? "Locked":"Unlocked"));
       send(msg_S_LOCK.set(isLocked));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_IR
    void ir()
    {

Serial.print("Infrared is: " );
       Serial.println(irVal);

send(msg_S_IR_S.set(irVal));
       send(msg_S_IR_R.set(irVal));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_WATER
    void water()
    {

Serial.print("Water flow is: " );

send(msg_S_WATER_F.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

Serial.print("Water volume is: " );

send(msg_S_WATER_V.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_AIR_QUALITY
    void air()
    {

Serial.print("Air Quality is: " );

send(msg_S_AIR_QUALITY.set(randNumber));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_DUST
    void dust()
    {

Serial.print("Dust level is: " );

send(msg_S_DUST.set(randNumber));

}
    #endif

void scene()
    {

Serial.print("Scene is: " );
       Serial.println(scenes[sceneVal]);

if(sceneValPrevious != sceneVal) {
       	send(msg_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER_OF.set(sceneValPrevious));
       	send(msg_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER_ON.set(sceneVal));
       	sceneValPrevious=sceneVal;
       }

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGB_LIGHT
    void rgbLight()
    {

Serial.print("RGB Light state is: " );
       Serial.println(rgbState);
       send(msg_S_RGB_LIGHT_V_RGB.set(rgbState.c_str()));

Serial.print("RGB Light Watt is: " );
       send(msg_S_RGB_LIGHT_V_WATT.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT
    void rgbwLight()
    {

Serial.print("RGBW Light state is: " );
       Serial.println(rgbwState);
       send(msg_S_RGBW_LIGHT_V_RGBW.set(rgbwState.c_str()));

Serial.print("RGBW Light Watt is: " );
       send(msg_S_RGBW_LIGHT_V_WATT.set(map(randNumber,1,100,0,150)));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COLOR_SENSOR
    void color()
    {
       String colorState;

String red   = String(random(0,256),HEX);
       String green = String(random(0,256),HEX);
       String blue  = String(random(0,256),HEX);

colorState=String(red + green + blue);

Serial.print("Color state is: " );
       Serial.println(colorState);
       send(msg_S_COLOR_SENSOR_V_RGB.set(colorState.c_str()));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HVAC
    void hvac()
    {

//  float hvac_SetPointHeat = 16.5;
       //  float hvac_SetPointCool = 25.5;
       //  String hvac_FlowState   = "AutoChangeOver";
       //  String hvac_FlowMode    = "Auto";
       //  String hvac_Speed       = "Normal";

Serial.print("HVAC Set Point Heat is: " );
       Serial.println(hvac_SetPointHeat);
       send(msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_SETPOINT_HEAT.set(hvac_SetPointHeat,1));

Serial.print("HVAC Set Point Cool is: " );
       Serial.println(hvac_SetPointCool);
       send(msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_SETPOINT_COOL.set(hvac_SetPointCool,1));

Serial.print("HVAC Flow State is: " );
       Serial.println(hvac_FlowState);
       send(msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_FLOW_STATET.set(hvac_FlowState.c_str()));

Serial.print("HVAC Flow Mode is: " );
       Serial.println(hvac_FlowMode);
       send(msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_FLOW_MODE.set(hvac_FlowMode.c_str()));

Serial.print("HVAC Speed is: " );
       Serial.println(hvac_Speed);
       send(msg_S_HVAC_V_HVAC_SPEED.set(hvac_Speed.c_str()));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MULTIMETER
    void multimeter()
    {
       int impedance=map(randNumber,1,100,0,15000);
       int volt=map(randNumber,1,100,0,380);
       int amps=map(randNumber,1,100,0,16);

Serial.print("Impedance is: " );
       Serial.println(impedance);
       send(msg_S_MULTIMETER_V_IMPEDANCE.set(impedance));

Serial.print("Voltage is: " );
       Serial.println(volt);
       send(msg_S_MULTIMETER_V_VOLTAGE.set(volt));

Serial.print("Current is: " );
       Serial.println(amps);
       send(msg_S_MULTIMETER_V_CURRENT.set(amps));

}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_SPRINKLER
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_WATER_LEAK
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_SOUND
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_VIBRATION
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_MOISTURE
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_MOISTURE
    void moisture()
    {

Serial.print("Moisture level is: " );

send(msg_S_MOISTURE.set(randNumber));
    }
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_CUSTOM
    void custom()
    {

Serial.print("Custom value is: " );

send(msg_S_CUSTOM_1.set(randNumber));
       send(msg_S_CUSTOM_2.set(randNumber));
       send(msg_S_CUSTOM_3.set(randNumber));
       send(msg_S_CUSTOM_4.set(randNumber));
       send(msg_S_CUSTOM_5.set(randNumber));

}
    #endif

void receive(const MyMessage &message)
    {
       switch (message.type) {
    #ifdef ID_S_ARMED
       case V_ARMED:
       	isArmed = message.getBool();
       	Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_ARMED:");
       	Serial.print(message.sensor);
       	Serial.print(", New status: ");
       	Serial.println((isArmed ? "Armed":"Disarmed" ));
    #ifdef ID_S_DOOR
       	door();//temp ack for door
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_MOTION
       	motion();//temp ack
    #endif
    #ifdef ID_S_SMOKE
       	smoke();//temp ack
    #endif
       	break;
    #endif

case V_STATUS: // V_LIGHT:
    #ifdef ID_S_LIGHT
       	if(message.sensor==ID_S_LIGHT) {
       		isLightOn =  message.getBool();
       		Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_LIGHT:");
       		Serial.println((isLightOn ? "On":"Off"));
       		light(); // temp ack
       	}
    #endif
       	//    #ifdef ID_S_HEATER
       	//        if(message.sensor == ID_S_HEATER){
       	//          heater_status = message.getBool();
       	//          Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_HEATER:");
       	//          Serial.print(message.sensor);
       	//          Serial.print(", New status: ");
       	//          Serial.println(heater_status);
       	//          heater();//temp ack
       	//        }
       	//    #endif
       	break;

#ifdef ID_S_DIMMER
       case V_DIMMER:
       	if ((message.getInt()<0)||(message.getInt()>100)) {
       		Serial.println( "V_DIMMER data invalid (should be 0..100)" );
       		break;
       	}
       	dimmerVal= message.getInt();
       	Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_DIMMER:");
       	Serial.println(message.getInt());
       	dimmer();// temp ack
       	break;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_COVER
       case V_UP:
       	coverState=1;
       	Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_COVER:");
       	Serial.println("V_UP");
       	cover(); // temp ack
       	break;

case V_DOWN:
       	coverState=-1;
       	Serial.println("V_DOWN");
       	cover(); //temp ack
       	break;

case V_STOP:
       	coverState=0;
       	Serial.println("V_STOP");
       	cover(); //temp ack
       	break;
    #endif

case V_HVAC_SETPOINT_HEAT:

#ifdef ID_S_HEATER
       	if(message.sensor == ID_S_HEATER) {
       		heater_setpoint=message.getFloat();

Serial.print("Incoming set point for ID_S_HEATER:");
       		Serial.println(heater_setpoint,1);
       		heater();//temp ack
       	}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HVAC
       	if(message.sensor == ID_S_HVAC) {
       		hvac_SetPointHeat=message.getFloat();
       		Serial.print("Incoming set point for ID_S_HVAC:");
       		Serial.println(hvac_SetPointHeat,1);
       		hvac();//temp ack
       	}
    #endif
       	break;

case V_HVAC_FLOW_STATE:
    #ifdef ID_S_HEATER
       	if(message.sensor == ID_S_HEATER) {
       		heater_flow_state=message.getString();
       		Serial.print("Incoming flow state change for ID_S_HEATER:");
       		Serial.println(heater_flow_state);
       		heater();//temp ack
       	}
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HVAC
       	if(message.sensor == ID_S_HVAC) {
       		hvac_FlowState=message.getString();

Serial.println(hvac_FlowState);
       		hvac();//temp ack
       	}
    #endif
       	break;

#ifdef ID_S_LOCK
       case V_LOCK_STATUS:
       	isLocked =  message.getBool();
       	Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_LOCK:");
       	Serial.println(message.getBool()?"Locked":"Unlocked");
       	lock(); //temp ack
       	break;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_IR
       case V_IR_SEND:
       	irVal = message.getLong();
       	Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_IR:");
       	Serial.println(irVal);
       	ir(); // temp ack
       	break;
       case V_IR_RECEIVE:
       	irVal = message.getLong();
       	Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_IR:");
       	Serial.println(irVal);
       	ir(); // temp ack
       	break;
    #endif

case V_SCENE_ON:
       	sceneVal = message.getInt();
       	Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER:");
       	Serial.print(scenes[sceneVal]);
       	Serial.println(" On");
       	scene();// temp ack
       	break;
       case V_SCENE_OFF:
       	sceneVal = message.getInt();
       	Serial.print("Incoming change for ID_S_SCENE_CONTROLLER:");
       	Serial.print(scenes[sceneVal]);
       	Serial.println(" Off");
       	scene();// temp ack
       	break;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGB_LIGHT
       case V_RGB:
       	rgbState=message.getString();
       	Serial.print("Incoming flow state change for ID_S_RGB_LIGHT:");
       	Serial.println(rgbState);
       	rgbLight(); // temp ack

break;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT
       case V_RGBW:
       	rgbwState=message.getString();
       	Serial.print("Incoming flow state change for ID_S_RGBW_LIGHT:");
       	Serial.println(rgbwState);
       	rgbwLight();
       	break;
    #endif

#ifdef ID_S_HVAC
       //  hvac_SetPointHeat
       //  hvac_SetPointCool
       //  hvac_FlowState
       //  hvac_FlowMode
       //  hvac_Speed

case V_HVAC_SETPOINT_COOL:
       	hvac_SetPointCool=message.getFloat();

Serial.println(hvac_SetPointCool,1);
       	hvac();//temp ack
       	break;

case V_HVAC_FLOW_MODE:
       	hvac_Speed=message.getString();

Serial.println(hvac_Speed);
       	hvac();//temp ack
       	break;

case V_HVAC_SPEED:
       	hvac_FlowMode=message.getString();

Serial.println(hvac_FlowMode);
       	hvac();//temp ack
       	break;
    #endif

default:
       	Serial.print("Unknown/UnImplemented message type: ");
       	Serial.println(message.type);
       }

}```

• Mod

can you try to add the watchdog timers and see what happens? Try using a different bootloader? Different power source or using a small booster or an additional AA battery and a LDO. I am just throwing ideas and see what you can do with the stuff you may have at home.

• @gohan said in My Slim 2AA Battery Node:

LDO

@gohan
    Hi, i added a WDT now into the MotionSensorSketch.
    Well at least i guess i did. I just read about it , never used it before. Does the 1Mhz Optiboot boatloaders support this ?

Unfortunalty I didnt recieve my 3,3V boosters yet and i dont have LDO´s around.
    Concerning the bootloaders. Do you have a suggestion which one to use ? As I read that sticking to 1Mhz is important when using only 2AA batteries because of instability when voltage goes belowe certian values.
    Obviously i could use more batteries, but then i cant supply the nRF2401 from the board right ?

// Enable debug prints
    #define MY_DEBUG

// Enable and select radio type attached
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    //#define MY_RADIO_RFM69
    #define MY_NODE_ID 40
    #include <MySensors.h>
    #include <avr/wdt.h>

unsigned long SLEEP_TIME = 120000; // Sleep time between reports (in milliseconds)
    #define DIGITAL_INPUT_SENSOR 3   // The digital input you attached your motion sensor.  (Only 2 and 3 generates interrupt!)
    #define CHILD_ID 1   // Id of the sensor child

// Initialize motion message
    MyMessage msg(CHILD_ID, V_TRIPPED);

void setup()
    {
    	wdt_enable(WDTO_2S);
    	pinMode(DIGITAL_INPUT_SENSOR, INPUT);      // sets the motion sensor digital pin as input
    }

void presentation()
    {
    	// Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
    	sendSketchInfo("Motion Sensor", "AndyWasHere");

// Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
    	present(CHILD_ID, S_MOTION);
    }

void loop()
    {
    	// Read digital motion value
    	bool tripped = digitalRead(DIGITAL_INPUT_SENSOR) == HIGH;

Serial.println(tripped);
    	send(msg.set(tripped?"1":"0"));  // Send tripped value to gw

// Sleep until interrupt comes in on motion sensor. Send update every two minute.
    	sleep(digitalPinToInterrupt(DIGITAL_INPUT_SENSOR), CHANGE, SLEEP_TIME);
     wdt_reset();

}```

• Mod

Actually you would have to put wdt_enable(WDTO_8S); right after Loop() and wdt_disable(); before calling the sleep (this is what I copied from another sketch). The wdt_reset you cold use in the middle of the loop in case you have a function that could take long time to execute and it may trigger the WD timer so you can reset the timer (you can play with the length of the timer according to your needs)

• @gohan
    maybe like this ?

void loop()

{
    	wdt_enable(WDTO_8S);
    	// Read digital motion value
    	bool tripped = digitalRead(DIGITAL_INPUT_SENSOR) == HIGH;

Serial.println(tripped);
    	send(msg.set(tripped?"1":"0"));  // Send tripped value to gw
    wdt_disable();
    	// Sleep until interrupt comes in on motion sensor. Send update every two minute.
    	sleep(digitalPinToInterrupt(DIGITAL_INPUT_SENSOR), CHANGE, SLEEP_TIME);

}```

• Mod

that's what I found. You could also use wdt_enable(WDTO_2S) I think. I haven't done any test yet on this.

• Hardware Contributor

@Komaandy Try to remove all your Serial.print.

1. Has anyone used NRF24L01+ + PA + LNA on these modules ?

2. Any reason why it shouldnt work out of the box ( does AA batteries give enough power to drive them on LOW settings? )

3. What type of battery monitoring is recommended on these ones? The resistance or the library way?

I just got 90 PCBs, beautiful, fast shipping ( i think under 2 weeks to Norway ) and looks well made.
    I'll drop one in each beehive I have ( 7 ) and see how long they last

• So, it seems i made some progress.
    After changing to the @GertSanders bootloader ( https://www.openhardware.io/view/33/Various-bootloader-files-based-on-Optiboot-62) all the PIR nodes seem to be stable.
    I´m using these settings 0_1495738589974_1.PNG

Wish me luck 🙂

• Hardware Contributor

@Komaandy Yes, using 8MHz instead of 1MHz is perhaps a good idea. Stable enough at room temperature, well proven and will e.g. solve a "Serial.print()" interrupt loop issue. Just remember that you'll lose ~25uA if you'll leave BOD enabled.

• Hardware Contributor

@m26872 said in My Slim 2AA Battery Node:

Just remember that you'll lose ~25uA if you'll leave BOD enabled.

No, on ATMega328 MySensors disables BOD before going to sleep.
    So extra consumption from BOD will only exist when node is active and in that case it's negligible.

• Hardware Contributor

@Nca78 Ok. Thanks. Since ever, or only from 2.x ?

• Hardware Contributor

@m26872 no idea I started MySensors with 2.x 😛

• Update : Day 3 and still all PIR nodes are working 😉
    I´m using the given sketch here.

• Still up and running stable.
    8Mhz Bootloader did the trick for me 🙂

0_1496167752608_2.PNG

• Hardware Contributor

@Komaandy Nice! Thumbs up for 8MHz (and your "dark-style Fhem" - same as I use) 👍

• @m26872
    thanks again for this great idea and that you developed these fine boards !
    And by the way...
    As you are using fhem as well...
    How do you manage to reset the tripped "1" in Fhem ?
    I just added a delay and a gw.send"0" to your sketch :), but using fhem would be more sophisticated actually ...
    Thanks

• Hardware Contributor

@Komaandy said in My Slim 2AA Battery Node:

How do you manage to reset the tripped "1" in Fhem ?

I don't. I just use the last trip time as it's state and then notify (e.g. light or push message) on trip. I think it should be very simple to make a notify with a timer "at" to reset it after a while, if you wish.

• just want to mention that I am using successfully the same Bootloader @Komaandy is using for about 2 weeks now. So it seems like my problems with freezing nodes are depending on a bad or too slow bootloader...

• All of the ducting near me is a bit too slim to fit sensors based on this, so I decided to design and print a case instead.

Does the trick nicely, and I also chose to use proper AA battery clips to retain a good connection, as the cable-tie battery assembly wasn't holding well for me!

On the Thingiverse page I have a link to the original OnShape doc.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2418194
    0_1499172178811_IMG_20170704_222046.jpg

Thoughts, suggestions, etc will be much appreciated!

• Hi

Did anyone make DHT 22 slim node with MySensors 2.0? I created one Node from modified MySenors 2 example...But I get a feeling that it is freezing sometimes (but then again comes back to life).

• Mod

@Oliviakrk the dht22 needs at least 3.3V to function properly. See the datasheet.

• Hardware Contributor

@Oliviakrk - I did a test (which works pretty ok) with a DC/DC step up booster attached to D3 -> Vin. This way I could turn the booster on/off with HIGH/LOW from the sketch. This provided 3.3v to my sensors just fine and has been working for a while now. I dont know what will happen when the voltage drops though.

• @sundberg84 Thanks. Will try.

• Hi,
    Thank you for all the hard work put into this project. I have built a few door sensor nodes and have some issues. At first I had pull-ups connected as shown in previous pictures but at a logic 1, when there should have been 3.3V there was only roughly half, 1.7V. I am no expert but I take it there has to be a current leak through the D3 pin for this to happen. I have this on all my nodes. I have tried different code but still the same. When I remove the external pull-up the node works properly but instead the batteries run out in a week or so. Have I made a mistake soldering these and maybe shorted something? I have looked at them closely but can't see anything wrong.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips?

• Mod

Did you actually check if there is continuity between the pins you said? Do you have a photo of your nodes?

• If I disconnect the battery, there is continuity between D3 and VCC with a resistance of around 20 kOhm. So when the door sensor is shut (no resistance), I connect GND through 20 kOhm to VCC. The current should be 0,165 mA. Too high by reading previous posts but still much less than what I get if I measure. Then I get roughly 18 mA! (Far from a Fluke though but has proven reliable before). Am I misunderstanding things?

I have tried different nodes and sketches with pull-ups both enabled and disabled but I doesn't seem to matter. I have tried different radio modules but still the same, unless I use the bigger! antenna-version. Then the current goes up to 24-25 mA.

I have done/am doing something really wrong although they seem to work just fine. Tomorrow I will try more radio modules to see if I can find any difference.

3_1504391407612_IMG_4745.jpeg 2_1504391407612_IMG_4748.jpeg 1_1504391407612_IMG_4747.jpeg 0_1504391407611_IMG_4746.jpeg

• Hardware Contributor

@masfak97 It's not clear to me whether you've tried to run it a as pure Arduino, without radio module and without MySensors library in your sketch? (I see that you haven't the serial/FTDI pins soldered - do you use ICSP, pogo-pins or whatever to upload and debug?)

• I have thought about running it as a pure arduino and to use the debug function, but can't quite get the FTDI to work. I have used this before to upload code to arduino pros. I have a previous node that has all the pins soldered but simply won't be recognized with the USB FTDI. I have also tried switching USB-FTDI but still no luck. Is the FTDI supposed to work if all the pins are there?

I have also bought a USBtinyISP but haven't read up on how to use it.

Currently I install a first boot loader with Nick Gammons sketch running on a UNO connected to a breadboard and the 328. After that has been installed, I install the 8 MHz boot loader by Gert Sanders (thank you of it) and finally upload the code using "Upload using programmer". I currently have no way of reading the serial debug from the node.

I checked the node without the nrf but still power-hungry in the mA.

• Hardware Contributor

I think you should focus on getting these basic Arduino functions working so you're in control of what's going on. Note that I recently added a few updates to the first post of this thread (under The uC - Software). Read the tutorials and use 8MHz internal clock.
    When you get everything running, test your door switch again with a simple Arduino sketch.

• @m26872
    UPDATE 2: There have been reported issues with MySensors 2.x freezing on SlimNodes running at 1MHz, which I've confirmed. Recommended solution when using MyS 2.x, is to use 8MHz (internal) instead.

This I can confirm - running at 1 MHz introduced some real oddities with latest MySensors library. Not sure what changed but my nodes definitely freaked out. Will try switching to 8 MHz - hopefully before Irma whacks us here.

• @wergeld
    Same confirmation from my side; 1mhz boot loader doesn't work; dht22 with step up connected does always give NAN. Switching to 8mhz boot loader did the trick.
    //@2.2.0-beta

• Hardware Contributor

@kotzer Thanks for sharing. But (AFAIK) the Arduino DHT22 library has never worked at all at 1MHz. And since dht22 doesn't support <3V there's no need for 1MHz anyway.

• @m26872
    Maybe offtopic, sry, but:
    I have Step up at dht22, so it has 3,3v to operate..

But I am in wrong topic, it should be your first 2aa sensor ( https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/486/my-2aa-battery-sensor )

This is what I built, and with 1mhz it doesn't work (tried with step up 3,3v and without) this wasted me many hours, because I wanted to save energy as much possible 😉 with 8mhz its operating well.
    Greets from Germany

• Hardware Contributor

@kotzer Infact I'm actually making a few of my first model too rigth now. I had components left over and despite everyones criticism against the dht22, I find it working very well as long as you deal with the failed readings in the sketch. And, the battery life time was pretty good too. Greets. 👍

• @m26872 I finally got to try your suggestions and loaded the Blink-sketch to my nodes. The power consumtion is then cut to ~4mA. Scrolling back through the forum, I copied the sketch from a user with low power consumption and - Finally - I get an idle comsumtion of 1,9 uA! Connecting the FTDI I can also debug and check for proper function.

I do have another problem I haven't managed to solve; With an UNO and a breadboard I can easily load the bootloader using Nick Gammons sketch and then the sketch with the UNO as ISP. Using the FTDI I can read the serial stream without any problem but I can't seem to load any bootloader or sketches! I keep getting a sync error. I understand the principle of DTR going low and that the capacitor between DTR and reset and the resistor between +5 and reset will make the LOW into a low-pulse and then back to high. With the FTDI I can program a Pro Mini without any problems but it fails constantly with the nodes.

I have no scope so I can't visualize the signal but with the meter I can see that the voltage on the reset is ~3,3v, the resistance between +5 and reset is 10 kOhm and the capacitor reads 83 uF although branded 100uF.

I use Gert Sanders versions of Optiboot at 8Mhz and the one with 38400 NO LED (Thank you for that). I have tried several FTDIs and nodes, checked all connetions, tried to control the reset manually using a breadboard but can't get it to work. I have tried the FTDI at 5v instead (no nRF connected) and tried different boards and speeds. I have tried 1 MHz, 16Mhz.

Is it possible that 83 uF is too small? Any other tips? When building more nodes it would be great to be able to program them without dismantling.

• Hardware Contributor

@masfak97 Have you selected the right board in Arduino IDE? (Installed MiniCore in Board Manager?) Have you tried to use baud 9600 (with corresponding bootloader of course) ?
    I doubt that 83uF is too small.

• @m26872 Thank you for your suggestions. I have now tried them (and many more) but still can't it to work. It's really not a big problem since I can program them using an Uno as ISP instead but it's really annoying that I can't get it to work.

I have checked my chips, they are all at mega328P-PU and I have tried many of them with the same result. I have soldered many nodes, thinking that I didn't make the solder connect through the holes but without any luck. I have tried different sockets to make the connections better and I have traced the entire node without finding any broken connections.

To get the sketch loaded I use Nick Gammons board_programmer with an Uno and use the LilyPad boot loader which enables the internal 8 MHz (Using pin 9 as clock instead of an external crystal). After that I program the Uno with ArduinoISP, set the programmer to Arduino as ISP and upload the sketch with "Burn with programmer" command.

I have switched USB-cable, USB outlet on the mac, breadboards, dupont cables, capacitors (different ceramic but all show too little capacitance), Atmegas and FTDI programmers. I have tried all combinations with 3.3 and 5 v without any luck. Programming Arduino Pros with the FTDI works fine.

I have tried the Mincore and Gert Sanders OptiBoot. I have tried to manually reset the chip connecting the reset pin to ground briefly when programming. I have tried lowering the baud rate to 9600. I have tried to load the Uno bootloader together with a 16 MHz crystal and 2 x 22pf capacitors and then the FTDI. I have tried larger electrolytic capacitors.

Last week, when mimicking the slim node on a breadboard, I managed to get the FTDI to work a few times but can't really say exactly what I did. Now I can't get it to work anymore.

All in all I have spent many hours trying to figure this out but without any luck. My nodes look just like the ones I see in your pictures.

Could it be that the internal 8 Mhz is too unstable to work?
    Capacitors being too small? I've seen some reporting that they succeeded with larger...
    Bad connection somewhere > momentary voltage drop?
    Cheap FTDIs?
    Mac USB-power maxing out?
    Bad atmegas?

Please help me solve this annoying problem.

• Hardware Contributor

@masfak97 Wow. You work hard. Of course we must help you. I'm not familiar with your programming method. So that would be my quick wild first guess. I can't read that you've verified the fuse settings? Have tried different startup times e.g?
    Do I understand correctly if you're able to send and recieve commands to the Atmega with your FTDI after it is programmed ?

• Hi. I have a problem with my slim node with the sketch "temperature"
    with the slim pcb node and a DS18B20 in domoticz it does well the node presentation but neither the S_TEMP child arrives nor does it get any temperature afterwards of course.
    but if I mount the same sketch in an arduino nano and with power to 5v it works perfectly.
    please help

• Hardware Contributor

@Mikepara Please elaborate and post your code. Tell us also about power supply, fuse settings (clock speed) and your troubleshooting steps. See debug-faq-and-how-ask-for-help.

• sorry. the sketch is the "temperature" of library and the bootloader configuration is:
    arduino ide 1.8.5 and usbasp, record the minicore bootloader on atmega328P, clock 8mhz internal, compiler LTO disabled, variant 328P, BOD disabled.
    thanks

• Hi All,

This Topic is a little old but hopefully still active. I am using the battery Duracell CR123 because it is small and fits in my case. Would this be an ok choice or does someone has other recommendations?

Thanks for feedback.

Marcel

• Mod

Look also at AAA/AA size LiFePO4 as it will need just one cell instead of 2 as the normal alkaline/nimh ones

• Hi,

Maybe a silly question, but where did you get the library for the Vcc.h ?

#include <Vcc.h>
                     ^
    compilation terminated.
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board ATmega328.

I couldn't find any VCC in the MySensors library set and also doing a search for vcc in the Arduino Library Manager I can't find it either...

[EDIT] : Found it in other thread. Leaving here for reference: https://github.com/Yveaux/arduino_vcc

Thanks

• @gohan said in My Slim 2AA Battery Node:

LiFePO4

Thanks

• I have 29 panels of the latest version of the PCB. It's more than I can use. Please PM me if you are interested in them.

• As information for everyone, I suggest that if you get sockets for the ATMEGA, that you get
    these: alt text
    rather than these: alt text

The reason being that the former have a much wider gap in the middle than the later. Because of that, the .1 puff #104 monolithic multilayer 5.08mm pitch capacitors called for in the BOM fit nicely. If you use the later ones, you will need to remove material from the socket to fit them.

• I just made a new case for a LiFePO4 magnetic sensor implementation of this. Thanks for the excellent work on this handy node design!
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3034907!

a picture

• Mod

With 2 mini solar panels on the sides and an harvesting circuit, you could run it indefinitely 😁

• Good evening!

I had a bit of a break from this forum (approx 3-4 years...) And just got back into it . I managed to put a bootloader into my 328p-pu chip

can anyone just confirm if it is OK to use this bootloader with the version 2.0 board here.

I understand that it should run at 8Mhz to be stable . so I assumed I could use the bootloader that comes with Arduino IDE ?

I flashed this one onto the chip at the moment and will start to solder some of my boards soon. but would like to be sure that it is correct before I go too far 😃

##############################################################

atmega328bb.name=ATmega328 on a breadboard (8 MHz internal clock)

atmega328bb.upload.tool=arduino:avrdude
    atmega328bb.upload.protocol=arduino
    atmega328bb.upload.maximum_size=30720
    atmega328bb.upload.speed=57600

atmega328bb.bootloader.low_fuses=0xE2
    atmega328bb.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
    atmega328bb.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05
    #atmega328bb.bootloader.path=arduino:atmega
    atmega328bb.bootloader.file=atmega/ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega328_pro_8MHz.hex
    atmega328bb.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
    atmega328bb.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F
    atmega328bb.bootloader.tool=arduino:avrdude

atmega328bb.build.mcu=atmega328p
    atmega328bb.build.f_cpu=8000000L
    atmega328bb.build.core=arduino:arduino
    atmega328bb.build.variant=arduino:standard

@badmannen Welcome back. The good news is that there's now a mysensors bootloader, which is even better because it allows over-the-air firmware updates for the atmega328p: https://www.mysensors.org/about/fota

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics