Home Link to MySensors

• I'm looking to be able to hit a button on my cars home link as I drive into the driveway to do...what ever I want through my Vera.

Any thoughts?

• Might need some more info, such as car model etc to be able to give more feedback.

• Home Link is a standard. All cars are the same.

@csa02221862 My understanding is that HomeLink buttons can be programmed to learn devices in a frequency range of about 300-433 MHz so there are a few options. I know some people that have programmed the buttons with an X-10 remote and use an X-10 receiver. There's also (a now discontinued) Wayne Dalton HomeLink to z-wave bridge. You can find them on eBay. You should be able to use some 433MHz remotes to program it as well which you could use with a 433MHz MySensored receiver.

Cheers
    Al

• HomeLink is supposed to be able to 'learn' any code from 300-433mhz and then repeat it. It can even learn rolling codes. It could easily be used as a scene controller if you have a MySensors node with a 433mhz RX just following the same methodology used here.

• Sparkman, this is exactly what I want to do. Was wondering if anyone had done it yet?

@csa02221862 The easiest may be to use something like this and connect to an Arduino: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321816823725 and use the remote to program your HomeLink buttons. Not sure how secure it would be though.

Cheers
    Al

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.