Atypical use of MySensors library some questions...

• Hi,
    Im thinking of using MySensors library for reading some switches. Every node will have just one switch with on/off state. Problem is that there will be 650 nodes. I know that limit is 254.

1. Should I use 3 gateways with 3 separate channels?
      Also some nodes will most likely be out of reach of gateway(s) so there will be need for using relays.
    2. Should all nodes be set as repeater or just some? (nodes won't be on battery so there is no need for sleep)
    3. Is repeater selection and path done by MySensors library or controller has to do something?

• Admin

1. Yes, probably bets to divide the radio network on a few gateways running on different channels.

2. Enabling repeater functionality wont hurt if they all are awake anyway. A node will choose the path with least number of hops to gateway.

3. Controller is not involved.

• Mod

That's a large switch system 🙂 Can you share any details on what it will be used for?

• It's just an idea in developement/testing that will be presented if it work's as intended and reliable... Sensor for parking spot in parking garage with red/green led that shows if parking spot is free and also sends how many parking spots are free... Maybe some lcd tv that will show you when you are entering garage where are free spots...

• Mod

Nice! There is a parking garage nerby where I live with a similar solution. Don't know what technology they use though.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics