The library should check for radio definition in the sketch

• Hello,

Five hours ago I decided to try the signing feature but I had some troubles so I decided to return to my old code without signing. I used #if 0 so as not to compile the part regarding signing in my code. But I have been trying for 4 hours to let the GW and nodes work again without signing.

Finally I figured out that MY_RADIO_NRF24 define was under the #if 0 and the code was compiled successfully although no radio is defined.

If I am not mistaken but I guess months ago if I did so it wouldn't compile,, not sure. But in all cases I guess the config.h may check for this and throw #error if no radio is defined.

@hek Can you check this please ?

Thanks.

• Admin

Not defining a radio drives is and should be ok.

The gateway can be used standalone with sensors attached without any sub radio network.

• Well I tested again not defining a radio for a sensor node (relayactuator) and it didn't compile. OK
    But my issue was with GatewayW5100, if I didn't define the NRF radio, nothing work at all and nodes are not communicating with the GW.

In all cases, I just needed to highlight that this may save someone's else time 😄

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics