Error Compiling ethGateway

• i am trying to compile the ethernet gateway and when i first started was getting loads of "directory dosent exist" errors i fixed this by moving the mysensors library. following the IDE install instructions on the site the IDE installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino.exe (the Default). but the sketches folder where i put the my sensors library is in C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries i have copied the libraries folder to both locations and have got past all the doesnt exist errors. but now i get the following compile error:
    C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Arduino\ethGateway\ethGateway.ino: In function 'void output(const char*, ...)':
    ethGateway:135: error: 'serialBuffer' was not declared in this scope
    vsnprintf_P(serialBuffer, MAX_SEND_LENGTH, fmt, args);
    exit status 1
    'serialBuffer' was not declared in this scope

i have removed and re installed the arduino IDE and mysensors library several times but i get the same error every time ! i think it could be somthing to do with the directories been in the wrong place and duplicated all over. could someone please clarify the best place to put arduino IDE, The Libraries and the Sketches folder.
    or point me in right direction to get rid of this error. i have edited the config file to enable soft SPI.
    many thanks
    Chris

• @8art-5imson said:

i am trying to compile the ethernet gateway and when i first started was getting loads of "directory dosent exist" errors i fixed this by moving the mysensors library. following the IDE install instructions on the site the IDE installs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino.exe (the Default). but the sketches folder where i put the my sensors library is in C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries i have copied the libraries folder to both locations and have got past all the doesnt exist errors. but now i get the following compile error:
    C:\Users\Chris\Documents\Arduino\ethGateway\ethGateway.ino: In function 'void output(const char*, ...)':
    ethGateway:135: error: 'serialBuffer' was not declared in this scope
    vsnprintf_P(serialBuffer, MAX_SEND_LENGTH, fmt, args);
    exit status 1
    'serialBuffer' was not declared in this scope

i have removed and re installed the arduino IDE and mysensors library several times but i get the same error every time ! i think it could be somthing to do with the directories been in the wrong place and duplicated all over. could someone please clarify the best place to put arduino IDE, The Libraries and the Sketches folder.
    or point me in right direction to get rid of this error. i have edited the config file to enable soft SPI.
    many thanks
    Chris

Just figured it out .The gatewayutil.h file i was using was wrong, i copied and pasted the version off the codebender sketch (which is completely different to the one i had, dont know where it came from ??) but noticed line 25.....char serialBuffer[MAX_SEND_LENGTH];
    sorted

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics