Some sensors permanently fail after one/two years

• Hi,

I have noticed that some of my sensors are permanently "dead" after a while. I use the Easy MySensors PCB with two AAs. At some point they stop sending. Then, trying new 100% fresh AAs - of different brands - still will only give one moment a red light on the Arduino Pro Mini module (the usual "connecting to gateway" moment) and then nothing will happen.

This happened with the sensors underneath the house (worst place of all to do debugging ;). Hence I do not have any logs yet) and also coincidentally a sensor in a friends house (~200km way) also failed permanently yesterday.

I tried to search the forum, and found one similar situation here: https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/11949/sudden-dead-node-and-consequent-tsm-fpar-no-reply/4

I will go underneath the house coming weekend (again) to try different nrf24l01 modules and probably also some Arduinos with the same firmware. The boards are heavily wired up to sensors, so prefer not to disconnect all the wires.

But, I was wondering if there have been more of these cases? Is it really caused by cloned Arduino/radio modules? 🙂. I have already a pending order for a couple of (supposedly) authentic modules, curious to try those when they arrive.

(Apologies for not having any debug logs yet, but it is not really desirable to bring a laptop below the house with very limited crawling space and lots of dust)

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics