Add new V_ACTION behavior for window shade/cover (and perhaps others)

• Hardware Contributor

Hi,

I made a simple scenario for each of my shades/covers /roller blind (name them as you whish ! :))
    They are controller from just ONE button :
    If I push the button :
    When the blind is idle, If the previous move was a UP, I make them go down, else I make them go UP
    If the blind is already moving (I move them for a certain amount of time), stop them.

So, my feature request is : add a V_ACTION new type.
    Of course, the behavior of the blind has to be handled by the arduino program.

The S_COVER would so have : V_UP, V_DOWN, V_STOP, V_PERCENTAGE, V_ACTION.

The same type could also be used for lights : When I press a switch button (doorbell kind), I could send a V_ACTION to a light node (S_DIMMER or S_BINARY) : It would toggle itself depending of his state.

Edit : I found a Github issue that seems very similar to my request :
    https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/issues/724

sbrinkmann created this issue in mysensors/MySensors

open New set/req type V_TOGGLE #724

• I find V_ACTION too generic and would rather name it V_TRIGGER or something. Besides that I find the idea quite nice!

• Hardware Contributor

Yes , or perhaps V_DEFAULT_ACTION ?

@napo7 I think it would be a confusing type as the action is not clear. If you choose to have one button to control a multiple action device a simple V_STATUS = ON can do the trick.

• Hardware Contributor

V_STATUS=ON is even more confusing : I still want to be able to toggle the light from a controller, so I'll have to sens status on and off from controller.

• Why, just always send V_STATUS=ON and implement it properly in your node (i.e. toggle on reception).

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.