hvacThermostat thing missing V_STATUS binary switch?

• Hi,

I'm using Arduino/MySensors as thermostat and wanted to integrate it with OpenHAB as HVAC sensor type (temperatures, heating modes and status - on/off).

However it seems that OpenHAB binding thing definition for hvacThermostat has only either string or number type channels and missing basic binary switch channel. In MySensors serial protocol S_HVAC has relation to V_STATUS type.

So currently I'm trying to use V_HVAC_FLOW_STATE for indicating heating status but this seems not to work when mapped to Switch item in OpenHAB side:

Switch FF_Bedroom_Heating_State "Bedroom heating state [MAP(on_off_switch_ee.map):%s]" (gHVAC, gFF_BedroomHeatingState, gHistory) {channel="mysensors:hvacThermostat:gateway:ff_bedroom_temp:hvac-flow-state"}
    Thing defined as: hvacThermostat ff_bedroom_temp [ nodeId="10", childId="31" ]

From debug output it is seen that MySensors messages are correctly sent and received but no item state is changed in OpenHAB side. I tried to send binary true/false values and also with "ON"/"OFF" strings.

Temperature is received and processed by OpenHAB correctly so thing definition and item definitions is most likely correct.

So my question is, is it possible to add V_STATUS to hvacThermostat definition or do I miss something in my configuration?

wbr,
    Aivar

Users

Topics

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.