Problem compiling mqtt gateway

• I am having a problem compiling the MQTT gateway. I am using an Arduino Micro, although I have tried an Uno and a couple of other older boards I have with the same issue. If I use an older version of the libraries, I can compile and upload to the board but I get the dreaded "check wires" error. I am using a 24L01+ radio and I definitely have the "+". I have used an ethernet shield on the Uno and older boards (as well as "bug" wiring it to the micro) and have tried wiring a Wiznet 5100 module. I can ping the IP in each case. I read in the forums about the issues with the 24L01+ board, tried the capacitor fix across the power to the radio board.

The problem now is with the newest libraries, which I read fix some of the issues with the 24L01+ I get the following compile errors;

Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Micro"
    In file included from C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyConfig.h:27,
    from C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensor.h:17,
    from MQTTGateWay.ino:60:
    C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyDriverRF69.h:40: error: ISO C++ forbids initialization of member 'radio'
    C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyDriverRF69.h:40: error: making 'radio' static
    C:\Users\Joe\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MyDriverRF69.h:40: error: invalid in-class initialization of static data member of non-integral type 'RFM69*'
    MQTTGateWay:89: error: 'MyMQTT' does not name a type
    MQTTGateWay.ino: In function 'void processEthernetMessages()':
    MQTTGateWay:92: error: 'MQTT_MAX_PACKET_SIZE' was not declared in this scope
    MQTTGateWay:98: error: 'inputString' was not declared in this scope
    MQTTGateWay:106: error: 'gw' was not declared in this scope
    MQTTGateWay:106: error: 'inputString' was not declared in this scope
    MQTTGateWay.ino: In function 'int main()':
    MQTTGateWay:124: error: 'gw' was not declared in this scope
    MQTTGateWay:124: error: 'RF24_PA_LEVEL_GW' was not declared in this scope
    MQTTGateWay:124: error: 'RF24_CHANNEL' was not declared in this scope
    MQTTGateWay:124: error: 'RF24_DATARATE' was not declared in this scope

The older libraries allow the sketch to compile, it just doesn't work. the newer version may work but just won't compile. Any thoughts?

BTW, using the newer libraries fixed the "check wires" error I was getting on my sensor nodes.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics