NeoPixel( S_RGB_LIGHT) with Vera 3 (UI 5) - SOLVED

• Hello,

I have Vera 3 running UI 5 and a serial mysensor GW with several sensors. But today when i tried to add a "mood light" sketch from the last post (http://forum.mysensors.org/topic/2090/rgb-light-cancel-loop/10), Inclusion part worked and it added 2 devices but after the restarting the vera it is now showing an error as "My Sensor Gateway(28) : Failed to open IO port ".

To make it clear, i am trying to add it as an RGBW devices so i can change the color of the Neo Pixel from the Vera UI. I have also added an RGBW controller app from here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32613.0.html

Serial Monitor from the sensor side is working fine,

send: 62-62-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=17,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,st=ok:1.5
    send: 62-62-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,st=ok:0
    sensor started, id=62, parent=0, distance=1
    send: 62-62-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,st=ok:RGB Node
    send: 62-62-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,st=ok:1.0
    send: 62-62-0-0 s=0,c=0,t=26,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=ok:

I tried looking at the Vera log and couldn't find anything useful. Spent several hours but couldn't make any progress, could some of the experts here help?

vera_error.png

• Contest Winner

@ar91 I had simulair problems with the RGB-plugin from vosmont. See this forum post .

Vera has an issue with child-parent controlled plugins. The init procedure is called twice in specific cases, and in this case your MSY plugin in not able to open the serial port twice (which is logical). The solution is delete the MYS generated plug-in tile, in your screen capture the left RGB tile. (which is a child plug-in) and use a manual created plug-in tile (with Vera create device) which has no child-parent relation.

Let this manual created plugin control your RGB device by configuring the correct MYS- ID and device node ID. By following this procedure:

• Change the setting of te RGB controller (wrench-icon, Settings-tab)
    • Select: MySensors RGBW
    • Arduino plugin Id: <enter MyS GW device ID >
    • RGB Node altid: <enter node ID in your example 62>
    • Press save button

• @BartE thank you so much for your quick response. Will try your solution and will report back.

• @BartE, Thanks your solution worked like a charm. I modified the RGBController created as part of the MIOS RGBController plugin itself as a child of MySensor RGB tile and everything started working as expected.

Once again thank you so much for your help.

• This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics