W5100 Gateway not getting an IP

• Hi, I am pretty new to this. I have a working serial gateway, but for convenience I want an ethernet Gateway. For that I am using an Arduino Uno and a W5100 ethernetshield. I am using the W5100 gateway sketch with the only modification that i commented the line with an ip adress so it uses dhcp and uncommented the line for the dhcp renewal.

But somehow i dont get an ip adress when i connect it to the netwerk. If i connect the cable to my laptop it works and my laptop gets an ip adress so the cable is good. I do not have an other arduino project currently on my netwerk, so the mac adress is unique in my network.

When i look at the debug it says:

0;255;3;0;9;MCO:BGN:INIT GW,CP=RNNGA--,VER=2.1.1
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:INIT
    0;255;3;0;9;TSF:WUR:MS=0
    0;255;3;0;9;!TSM:INIT:TSP FAIL
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:FAIL:CNT=1
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:FAIL:PDT
    0;255;3;0;9;TSM:FAIL:RE-INIT

With the CNT going up to 7. But with all the rest the same.

I do not have the rf24 yet connected as i first wanted to test this first.

What am I missing?

• Mod

@avs what indicates that the gateway did not get an ip address?

The log says it is unable to initialize the radio, which is expected if the radio is not connected.

Connect the radio and try again.

• @mfalkvidd thanks for your reaction; i am using an app to find devices in my network and it did not show the gateway, thus i jumped to the conclusion the gw did not get an ip adress. I shall try it tomorrow with the radio attached.

• Mod

If radio doesn't initialize the gateway doesn't load pretty much anything

• That was indeed the solution. Sometimes it can be so simple. Did not think that wiring the radio would matter. Thanks!

• Mod

@avs great that it solved the problem. Thanks for reporting back.

• Mod

Actually you can comment out the define of the gateway and use it as a simple gateway with sensors.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics