Mega 2560 as Serial Gateway

• Hello,

I've tried to use a Mega 2560 and a NRF24 as a Serial Gateway. I took the sketch from this page and connected the Gateway to a raspberry PI with ioBroker on it. Therere no errors in ioBroker and the adapter say, that the Gateway is connected succesfully.

But I get no connection to a Sensor. I have noticed the pin assignment for a Mega instead to a Nano. Is there something I have to change?

I made this with a Arduino Nano a hole time ago. This worked perfect, but I can't find the Nano right now. Or can I took a Pro Mini like a Nano without changes?

Thanks 4 help!

• Mod

well yes, the Mega has a different pin assignment you need to use that. I was able to make it work months ago, but I moved to RPI gateway as it makes easier with cabling

• Hi,

thanks for the answer.

Yes, I have see the different assignment and checked the cable many many times. It is correct.

@maxdor yes you can use a pro mini but be aware that a 5v pro mini does not have a 3v output to power the NRF. So you will need to either use a 3v pro mini or add a 3v reg to power the NRF if using a 5v. You will also need to keep your ftdi adaptor connected to maintain the serial connection.

The NRF will use the same wiring as the nano, similar to this post

You should be able to use your mega though, others have without issue.

Maybe this post will help

• Hi,

I found the failure. I haven't seen the Pin changeing to :

#define MY_RF24_CE_PIN 49
    #define MY_RF24_CS_PIN 53

Now, the debug looks good.
    Thank U!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics