Set forum search to only look back 2 years?

• Plugin Developer

I search the MySensors forum quite a bit, and often the first hits are from 4 years ago. They are almost never useful, as the code and often the concepts are outdated.

Would it be possible to set the default search window to just 2 years ago? Or whenever MySensors 2.0 was released?

Advanced search could still be used by anyone that wants to find older posts. But in general I think this could be a 'sane default'.

• Mod

Nice idea.
    The parameters to control search depth are timeRange (in seconds) and timeFilter=newer.
    @hek do you know if there is an easy way to add those parameters to the default search?

One potential big problem: if people search for for example how to migrate from a 1.x sketch to 2.x, that guide is more than 2 years old and they would not find any relevant posts. Most people would then just give up, unless they are made aware that their search is limited.

• Plugin Developer

In that case they might try Google/DuckDuckGo, and still find it anyway.

• Admin

@mfalkvidd
    Sorry, can't find any way of setting default options this this for the Solr forum plugin.

• Mod

Neither could I. Tried to trace the html elements and javascript but there doesn't seem to be anything that is easily configurable.

Users

Topics