Openhab und mqtt: autoassign node IDs and howto use them

• Hello

I need some explanations concerning this setup:

Node => gateway mit mqqt client => mosquitto broker => openhab

Openhab and mosquitto are running fine. Gateway too I think.

At the moment I have 2 items: one static mqqt pub script and one mysensor module.
    This can be seen in mosquitto:

infrastructure/sky_state ON
    sensor-gw1-out/255/255/3/0/3 (null)

The infrastructure part works and is switched in openhab. The sensor-gw1-out messages are (as far as I've understood this) are the requests from to node to get a NODE_ID

And this is the part, where I'm clueless

• how does openhab assign IDs to the nodes?
      IMHO openhab does not know anything about this message format and the "wish" of the node to get an ID?
    • and a resulting question, IF the node ID is assigned dynamically, how does this match with the static item configuration of openhab? Or do i have to wait, until a node ID is assigned by openhab and create the item after that? 😕 are these node id static after initial assignment? Where are they stored in order to survive a node restart? Or are dynamic nodes in my setup the wrong approach and I have to use static node IDs (which would be quite annoying 😄 )

Thank for input 😉

• Mod

@dakky said:

• how does openhab assign IDs to the nodes?

Simple; it doesn't 😉

IF the node ID is assigned dynamically, how does this match with the static item configuration of openhab?

Save yourself the trouble and use static node ID's.

• 😛 ok thats simple 😄

How to you manage your sketches? I have a git repos with the sketches i use. This means a lot of code duplication, because now i need a sketch per node ID instead per node "type"?

• Mod

@dakky you could store a node's ID in its eeprom and retrieve it on start. This allows all nodes to have identical firmware.

• @Yveaux do u have some code snipplet/example showing this ?

• Mod

@dakky just have a look at the api description on the MySensors home page. Everything should be in there.

• Maybe this information should be put on the webpage for the openhab? It took quite some time to find the answer

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics