200pc female-female jumper cables from store - never delivered?

• Does anyone else have any experience with the 200pcs female-female jumpers from the store? It seems mine never arrived, and I asked the seller to resend and they still haven't arrived again (almost 3 weeks so far).

• Admin

@naveen

Open dispute against seller. Never accept resend. This closes your dispute case which is what seller wants.
    If you used paypal you can also open dispute over there or at your credit card company.

• @naveen It's 3 weeks from first order? Usually they have max delivery time about 45 days. My FTDI USB to TTL from store arrived in 45 day from order(max delivery time).

• @jendrush

Its been 21 business days since resend, they told me that the resend should be 10-25 days so I guess there's still time. The original order was 08/06/2014 so that one has been...55 days since it was sent. Too late to take @hek 's advice - I didn't open an official dispute though, just asked him about it. I'll look into getting a refund in a few days if it still hasn't come.

Do you think they didn't resend it?

• Admin

@naveen said:

Do you think they didn't resend it?

Hard/impossible to say. I would guess not. They might just want to stall you from opening a case (and trust post is just delayed). You should definitely open a case. A general rule is to always ask for refund at the end of the dispute period.

But as I said. Even if ebays dispute period has passed you can open a paypal dispute or contact you credit card company to fix this.

55 days sounds like too much I agree. Have you had issues with Ebay packages before? Where do you live?

Out of the 145+ items I've bought on Ebay over the years and XX items on AliExpress, only one item has ever failed to turn up. Ironically it was one of those $1 faux iphone usb chargers that can burn your house down. I took that as a sign. Haha.

Personally I've had more issues with broken items and this is something always consider nowadays before placing an order. "Will this survive getting roughed up in shipping". I had some large plastic syringe break not long ago. They resent it using better packaging. Problem solved.

It is a great mystery to me at least what happens with these Ebay packages while in transit. I can see them leave Hong Kong or whatever quite swiftly as far as I know, and they do show up quite quickly once they've landed at Arlanda, Sweden, but what causes the sometimes massive delay in between still puzzles me. I once had a tracking number show me a package making several trips between London and Paris during a particularly bad snow storm. But that was a rare occasion where a tracking number actually showed the package in transit. Usually they don't.

• Code Contributor

I had some ebay items from china being shipped by boat (3 months) ... I usally tell them to send again, but it seams like a lottery 50% if they actually will do that. So refund is a safer choice.

• I don't usually have issues receiving stuff from China, all my other components arrived no problem (~20) - I'm in Canada (Toronto). I'll probably open up a case at the end of the week if nothing else works out.

Is there another recommend jumper cable supplier? I can't do much without the female-female dupont jumpers

• Mod

@bjornhallberg said:

It is a great mystery to me at least what happens with these Ebay packages while in transit. I can see them leave Hong Kong or whatever quite swiftly as far as I know, and they do show up quite quickly once they've landed at Arlanda, Sweden, but what causes the sometimes massive delay in between still puzzles me.

I see the same issue here with DHL in Germany.
    The problem is partly shipment out of the originating country but for the bigger part most likely customs.

My ladyfriend is manager customs and clearance with TNT in the Netherlands and she told me that they have a very good and stable relationship with the Dutch customs that allows them to deal with clearing goods by themselves. When that relationship is not that close (I guess like in Germany) it easily takes days to weeks longer before our packages from the far east are actually cleared.

• So it seems paypal also has a 45 day policy to open disputes. I'm pretty sure the seller was just trying to delay until this time.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics