My own hardware

• Hello Everybody,

I just registered this morning, a friend of mine spoke about you last week.
    I'm very interested in MySensors, but I have already started my own home automation system !!
    And I wouln'd like to start again from scratch ! I made my sensor board with my own pin
    numbers (arduino pro mini based, with 5 triacs (1dimmer), two open door sensors).

So my question is, is it possible to adapt "MySensors" to an existing harware ? because I think it is no usefull to do all this work by my side.

Tell me ?

have a nice day

Flylowgofast

• Contest Winner

Welcome to the community!
    MySensors is arudino compatible and many users use pro mini so that should not be much of a problem. You need a transport (radio or wired) that is compatible though, but if you have SPI and at least one available IO from your pro mini you should be able to interface a compatible radio to it. Then you would also need a gateway that feeds your user interface with the data from the sensor. The main site describes this (www.mysensors.org)

• Hello thank you for your answer.

when I read your post I understood I was not accurate ! My hardware already have a "radio transport". I use a NRF24L01 but I read some documentation which mention I need special pin available to drive NRF24L01. But mine aren't the same ! is it possible to set differently those pins ?

regards

• Contest Winner

@flylowgofast NRF24L01 is a supported radio and MySensors library have no requirement any special pins. It even permits you to use any digital IO for SPI using a software library in case you don't have it connected to the pins for HW SPI. Chip enable and chip select pins can also be any digital IO and the interrupt pin is currently not used. So I see no issue with your board not being able to run MySensors.
    You will need, at a minimum, 5 pins for the radio, 3 for the SPI bus itself (MISO/MOSI/SCK) and two for CE and CS. All of these can be assigned any digital IO on Arduino Pro Mini and this is configured in your sketch if you use the development branch and in MyConfig.h if you use the master branch.

• Hello Anticimex,

It's a very good news ! I already produce the software to communicate between 4 nodes. But It seems to be simple to change for MySensors. I think it will be better for the futur. I will earn lot of time.

Thank you for your informations

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics