Alexa Fauxmo - Mysensor Bridge Gateway / BLE - Mysensors Bridge Gateway

• In my RV I use #mysensors and #mycontroller V1.

A few times I wished I could switch on/off remotely a few subsystems (water, solar, geofencing and alarms to name a few) without needing to access mycontroller from remote.

So I took off from my ideas shelf an old experiment with Fauxmo and Alexa Echo Dot gen 3.

Alexa Echo Dot embeds a WiFi gateway for Hue lights. Fauxmo Arduino library allows to fake these lamps, and works on ESP8266 and ESP32. Perfect for our MySensors.

So I simply created a Mysensors Gateway with 16 Dimmer local sensors, and added the Fauxmo library and created 16 fake ("faux") lamp devices.
    When an Alexa event is detected, and the event send()s the lamp status to the controller.
    When the GW receive()s a dimmer sensor event from the controller, the dimmer state is sent to Alexa.

Alexa needs to receive a device update at least every minute, so a simple software timer in the loop() is in charge for this.

A couple of years ago I created a BLE - Mysensors Gateway which scans my Gas Tank sensors over BLE and sends the sensors data to the Controller.

Both projects consist of ESP32 dev boards without any additional HW, in a nice and simple 3D printed enclosure bought on Ebay.
    9b5a2968-c369-4730-83cf-bdc659cc12fb-image.png

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics