CC128 Node

• Hi all, this is my first actual post on here so be nice 🙂

I have been using MySensors with Domoticz on a Pi (original one) for a few months now. Very impressed with it and have had fun setting it up. I have coded a few of my own random little nodes. I have a number of projects planned based on MySensors. I have learned a lot with this project.

What I would like to do now is get my CC128 power meter to send data via MySensors. I have no real need to do this. I just feel like it. Currently it is connected via serial to another Pi. The Pi has a cronjob that runs every minute, this reads the serial/xml from the CC128. The cron/script grabs the watts and temp sensor values and posts them to domoticz via my WiFi / json url. In Domoticz I have some dummy devices which display those values.

Separate to this, the cronjob also sends the values off to a graphite/grafana server I have running on a VM. So I end up with a number of nice graphs. Domoticz graphs are also available to me in grafana via influx db.

Anyway, has anybody done this with MySensors before? I can't see that anyone has. From the research I have done this morning, I just need a way for an Arduino/Sensor node to read serial/xml from the CC128 and parse them to the gateway with the appropriate variables. Essentially a node would replace the cronjob/pi.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I will post any updates / progress I make here.

Some pictures of the device(s):

alt text

alt text

alt text

As you can see, I have the CC128 powered by an old phone battery + one of the cheap TP4056 chargers / USB connected. This is part of my other plan (to have everything sort of survive a power cut/outage)

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics