Vs2015+Visual Micro + MySensors

• Hi,
    I've tried to migrate from the arduino IDE to the VS2015 Community+Visual Micro support for Arduino.
    When attempting to compile a sketch with MyMessage and receive handler I get an error "BatteryPoweredWaterLeakSensor.ino:39:20: error: 'MyMessage' does not name a type"

When excluding the define of MyMessage and the receive handler there is no problem and project compile with no errors:

void receive(const MyMessage &message) {

}

Compiling the same sketch with the Arduino IDE or when removing the MyMessage usage I get no errors.

Any idea?

• Mod

Do the vanilla examples work? (like https://github.com/mysensors/MySensors/blob/master/examples/DimmableLight/DimmableLight.ino )

You'll probably get the same error but it might be worth checking.

• OK,
    I was able to find the RCA.
    Apparently, the issue was related to the location of the #include and the const variables.
    The following code generates error

const int SENSOR_ANALOG_PINS[] = { A0, A1 }; 

#include <SPI.h>
    #include <MySensors.h>

#define CHILD_ID_SENSOR		0
    #define CHILD_ID_VOLTAGE	1

MyMessage msgTripped(CHILD_ID_SENSOR, V_TRIPPED);
    MyMessage msgVoltage(CHILD_ID_VOLTAGE, V_VOLTAGE);

The following code is GOOD. Hence, the const values has to be defined post the header include

#include <SPI.h>
    #include <MySensors.h>

#define CHILD_ID_SENSOR		0
    #define CHILD_ID_VOLTAGE	1

MyMessage msgTripped(CHILD_ID_SENSOR, V_TRIPPED);
    MyMessage msgVoltage(CHILD_ID_VOLTAGE, V_VOLTAGE);

const int SENSOR_ANALOG_PINS[] = { A0, A1 }; 

• Mod

Strange. To my knowledge, that shouldn't matter. But great that you found a solution.

• I can absolutely confirm this with VS2015, Visual Micro and MySensors 2.1.1. This is clearly a kind of merging, that is done by Visual Micro.

All includes have to be made BEFORE the first line of code is executed. The initialization of your SENSOR_ANALOG_PINS array is such a line of code.

Just posting it to keep it visible and well-scored at search engines, as this is SOLVED and works fine. Thank you!

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.