lost serial gateway after un plug power Rpi

• hi guys
    after un plug raspberry pi and plug in power again , my serial gateway (mysensors) is lost , so i must disconnect USB cable (serial gateway) and connect again every time. . . !!!
    where problem !?

0_1474810074123_ksksk.jpg

• anybody test this issue !? and have same problem !

• I have this exact problem. I have 2 gateways, a moteino USB for RFM69 radios and a nano for an NRF24 radios.
    Domoticz running on a raspberry pi.
    If I reboot the pi, or power down and restart, the moteino connects back up automatically.
    For the nano, I have to unplug and reconnect it after the pi has booted up, or it won't be detected.

• Admin

I have never experienced this. I'm using a nano with nrf24.

Could be a hardware issue with your arduino.

• i think that this problem is related to startup . when plug in power (rasspberry pi ) , the serial gateway is faster to startup than rasspberry. so when raspberry pi is startup dont detect serial gateway !!! are there any ways for this ? for example a delay for turn on gateway or startup until first raspberry pi started!

The possible cause is that the Raspberry-Pi has no consistency in assigning USB port numbers. This occurs mainly when you have more than 1 USB port in use. Read for a solution..
    Btw I never experienced it running 3 PI's with each a serial gateway.

• @AWI
    i test this but dont work.
    0_1474891685019_Untitledksks.jpg

@Reza What does not work?

• @AWI

after turn off Rpi ,lost serial gateway yet

@Reza Do you reboot or just unplug the PI? You can also try to enable the "Data Timeout" in Domoticz, that way it searches actively when not found in first instance

• @AWI

first i reboot and lost serial. i test once unplug. in both serial gateway is lost... data timeout must disable !!!!

@Reza said:

data timeout must disable !

Whatever :confused:

If you are using a good quality Nano with default sketch I am out of options.

• @AWI
    :)
    I'm tired for this problem :/
    thank you

• i think if Rpi gateway complete and test... this is can resolved this problem ! is that correct? so i must wait...

• Admin

@Reza

I assume that you have tried to look at lsusb, dmesg, and /dev population, when the device is not turning up in Domoticz?

Does any of those indicate something bad / interesting?

• @tbowmo
    I can not understand what you mean !!!
    but after all my try , after reset (Rpi) or turn off .... my serial gateway is lost and i must unplug usb cable and plug in again.

• Admin

after you have powered on your raspberry, you log in

then at the command prompt you type:

lsusb

-> provide the output

unplug / plug the usb device

once more in your terminal
    lsusb
    -> provide output

the same for dmesg. In a terminal type "dmesg" hit return, and provide the output, both before you unplug a device that is not working, and after you have done it, and it is working.

• @tbowmo 0_1474903726513_12.jpg

"the same for dmesg. In a terminal type "dmesg" hit return, and provide the output, both before you unplug a device that is not working, and after you have done it, and it is working."

for this , what am i do ?

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.