MQTT Gateway not reachable when power goes and come.

• My MQTT gateway becomes not reachable after there a power outage. I have to manually reset it from the button on the board. Is anyone else facing similar issue

To me it sounds like it could it be that some of your other home infrastructure ( router/mqtt broker/network switch) etc have not fully booted up when your MQTT gateway starts....

• Using arduino as gateway is more of a overhead. Its creating more problem then solving any.

1. Like you said, I had not tested the router reset scenario and same thing happens for router reset after power outage. The router takes a while to boot up and by this time arduino is already running. So same Destination host unreachable issue.

2. Considering router is running and arduino is powered down for some reason. I have to manually reset the shield so that it can connect to the network.

Is there a better way of solving both the problems ?. Thinking of using Rpi as gateway and Rpi as the server to talk to gateway.

What about adding some code to the gateway to ping your router. If it fails 3 time then reboot the gateway?

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics